Mom C:"Everyone born from man has a sinful status with God" - why? Did God choose it, or did he have no choice?

Certainly a newborn baby has no responsibility for its actions (and practically no freedom of action). Why, then, would it have a "sinful status"? Did the Christian god choose to make it that way, or was he unable to make things less unfair?

purr: so you're saying God was unable to create the world in such a way that babies would be sin-free. Gotcha.

NCWJ: so newborn babies choose to sin. Thanks for explaining your views.

Favorite Answer

If newborn babies weren't terrible people, he would have saved them from the flood...

Plus there are stillbirths and miscarriages...those fetuses must have been awful! I mean God even let Hitler live so I can only imagine what little monsters those others would have turned out to be.

eye roll

Different Christian sects differ on this point actually.

There is an age of innocence where the child is not held responsible for any sins they commit because they are still learning right from wrong. Unless I'm mistaken, the catholic position (and perhaps the position of others) is that you must baptize the baby when they are born or they won't be saved. But they have changed their opinion on exactly what that means. That God would have some other means for them to be saved or that they'd go to purgatory for a while or whatever.

The concept of original sin is, unfortunately a point of confusion for some. Obviously there was an original sin that did make mankind susceptible to evil thoughts and, therefore, sin. However, the idea that mankind is tainted with some sort of spiritual force upon birth is something I have not seen to be biblical. That concept is more in line with "inherited sin" which is not necessarily tied together with original sin, though many take it to be that way.

• Before I comment on your question, I must tell you that you are actually violating Yahoo community by quoting another user (I would say that even if mom C was not my sister)!

You have to look at the word: "sin" to appreciate the point. People and yes that includes you, think that sin means doing things obvious which a baby cannot possibly do. However if you look at what it really means, you get a different appreciation.

Sin basically means: imperfection ie not reaching our Creator's High Standards. We lost that when Adam and Eve sinned ie disobeyed and because they had children AFTER they sinned, we are all born sinful ie imperfect.

No one choose to be imperfect; that is courtesy to being born. However, we can choose how to live our lives. So we can choose to do something bad ie steal or murder or rape extra (obviously extreme examples). Subtle ones are just as bad in our Creator's Eyes and we battle on a daily basis to overcome them.

Our Creator most certainly could recreate the human race and blot our sin, but that would not give an answer to the main culprit ie satan. So in His Perfect Justice, He came out with a solution which Jesus Christ fulfilled by dying for all humanity and so we now have a hope that one day very soon, we will regain that perfection.

Who is to say what a baby can or cannot understand? Nobody can remember being a newborn so how can you say with absolute surety that a baby has no consciousness of God? They may have an understanding of God that we do not have, nobody can prove otherwise, they can theorize but not prove.

God didn't want sin to come into the world, he let it happen because he gave us free well but if he saw fit then he could have prevented it but then we would not have chosen to follow him, we would have no choice in the matter and he does not want that tho happen. One day he shall banish sin from the world and I, and all other Christians, look forward to that day with great eagerness.

You are missing a lot on the subject...There are people that are "safe" when it comes to being sinful or not...These people would include children who have not reached a maturity level where they truly know right from wrong and those with mental disabilities for the same reasoning. Once someone understands the difference between whats right and whats wrong and does something wrong they become a sinner. No one is born a sinner, but there has only been one person ever (Christ) that has remained sinless for his/her entire life. God doesn't choose for you to be a sinner, but that doesn't change the fact that everyone who understands right from wrong has sinned.

No. First i do no longer think of sin is a clever thought. I even have ethics and morals to steer my movements and help me understand what the suitable element to do is. meaning i'm focussed on doing the suitable element by using fact that's the suitable element to do, incredibly than fearing sinning. beneficial motivations motivate human beings greater and greater desirable. yet although if i presumed "sin" existed and made experience, i do no longer think of i'm residing a sinful life. although if i presumed i became residing a life which you or some thing else theory became sinful, by using fact i do no longer think in sin, the sole issues I could desire to be ashamed approximately are as quickly as I behave badly or harm human beings. And ultimately, i think of everybody who felt a "presence of God" will no longer be an atheist! What could your answer be if I asked if non secular human beings disregarded the presence of Santa Claus so that they could stay devoid of thinking approximately no rely if or no longer they have been naughty or large that 3 hundred and sixty 5 days? I even have many motives for thinking God does not exist. the certainty that i've got by no ability felt something that remotely resembles a "presence" is barely between the motives - by using fact although if I did experience a presence there are different motives i could settle for in the previous I common there became a God. i could desire to turn your question around. Do non secular human beings have confidence in God and sin by using fact no longer the rest could be sufficient to motivate them to act ethically and morally, and then locate some thank you to experience a presence of God so that they are in a position to justify their theory? that is an offensive question - like yours became.

• Topheh

God chose to give humanity free will, and we as humans turned from him. Could He have forced us back? Yes, but that would contravene his intention to give us free will.

That primal act has marked humanity ever since, affecting 'everyone born from man' with the same predisposition to sin.

Note that having a 'sinful status' does not equate to 'hellfire is assured for you'. Babies, we can be certain, aren't going to be sent to hell... as they are babies, as you so carefully point out.

Romans 3:10-12 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; (11) no one understands; no one seeks for God. (12) All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 5:19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.

Mom C is absolutely right: Adamic sin is inherent, just like the colour of our eyes or the shape of our noses - it is an inherient, genetic limitation that will sooner or later make its presence manifest in action, thought or speech. A newborn did not choose or perform any action to be thus born, but this is irrelevant, no human is born without sin, a condition passed on to all humans from Adam.

LEARN MORE

http://www.watchtower.org/e/19980622/article_03.ht...

• ?

Babys are born in sin, it is up to the parents to (let me say) correct them out of sin, to save them from hell fire.