Are juvenile insults an efficacious method for changing people's minds?

If you like to flail insults at others on R&S, has it ever actually worked? That is your intention, correct? When you use juvenile insults, you are trying to persuade someone to take up your point of view. Right? Isn't that called "bullying?" Has it ever worked out for ya? I mean, have you ever been... show more If you like to flail insults at others on R&S, has it ever actually worked? That is your intention, correct? When you use juvenile insults, you are trying to persuade someone to take up your point of view. Right? Isn't that called "bullying?" Has it ever worked out for ya? I mean, have you ever been rude towards someone, and they have some gestalt moment, and suddenly change their minds about their previous opinions? Or do you just take some sick pleasure in denigrating other people for their beliefs?