Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

What's the definition of ''Control Freak'' and how do I deal with a certain person I think is?

Control freak is a human who likes to order people around & be the boss. They like to also tell you what to do with your life, who you can't see, what to wear. Don't let people control you, no one has a right to do that.

"Control Freaks" don't like being told what to do, they enjoy giving orders and organizing everyone else. I know this because my husband can be one. but, there is something important to remember, is this a good "control freak" or a bad one. Good control freaks know to take care of others and basically control them to take care of themselves. For example, if my husband leaves in the morning and doesn't tell me to take my meds, I usually forget. Also, he insists that while I'm pregnant, I eat enough and will ask me what I've eaten and offer to make me something to keep me eating (as I've had a few issues with this since I've been pregnant). Those are control freaks who look out for others and use their audaciousness to keep others happy and healthy. It seems like yours isn't so great... those are tough to deal with. It's hard to tell you how to deal with them as they could be a girlfriend/boyfriend or just a friend which are 2 different things (or a family member). The best way is when they say "Do this this and this," you can always reason, "Well, if we do this and this, we won't have to do that or I'd rather do this". If this is a parent, your stuck... sorry. If this is a significant other, it's best to try and convince them doing something else is a better idea. For example, my husband will say, "Let's go to McDonalds" and I will say, "Why don't we go to taco bell and get your spicy burrito thing, you told me you wanted one the other day."(Even though he never told me that). The goal is to try to convince them that there is something better than what they are demanding. Good luck and if worse comes to worse, say NO!

If you don't trust him 99.9% to make the right decision AND you nag him a lot then yes control problems. Better nip this at the bud mrs.

Contol Freak . Means a person who like to control people

Don't let them cotrol

Low self esteem they can't control their self so they try to control others