How do I get enough confidence to do what I've always wanted?

Ever since I have been little I have always wanted to be a recording artist. I'm now finished scdhool but I'm convinced I'll never get where I dream. I decided that I should just look for an alternative path but I feel as if I'm hopeless at everything. I never sing infront of people because I... show more Ever since I have been little I have always wanted to be a recording artist. I'm now finished scdhool but I'm convinced I'll never get where I dream. I decided that I should just look for an alternative path but I feel as if I'm hopeless at everything. I never sing infront of people because I despise the chance of people judging me, but I know I have what it takes. I just can't bring myself to do anything.

I look for as much motivation as I can, but nothing seems to work for me. & if I built up the confidence I needed, I wouldn't know where to start. How do people make.it.to the big time? I know it takes alot of work but I'm completely hopeless. I feel I need someone to help me through everything.