Frank Lampard is better than Steven Gerrard?

I know this has been debated for years and what I find amazing is that the majority of people still say Steven Gerrard is better than Frank Lampard. Well why? Lampard has won more trophys, scored more goals and been more consistent over his carrer. Let's compare them both. Lampard has scored 226 goals in... show more I know this has been debated for years and what I find amazing is that the majority of people still say Steven Gerrard is better than Frank Lampard. Well why? Lampard has won more trophys, scored more goals and been more consistent over his carrer.

Let's compare them both.
Lampard has scored 226 goals in total through out his club carrer.
Gerrard has scored 149 through out his club carrer.

Lampard has scored 23 International goals for England.
Gerrard has scored 19 International goals for England.

Lampard has won 4 FA Cups.
Gerrard has won 2 FA Cups.

Lampard has won 3 Premier leagues.
Gerrard has won 0 premier leagues.

Lampard won England player of the year 2 times.
Gerrard has won England player of the year 1 time.

Lampard has won 0 Champions Leagues (but that could change in two weeks)
Gerrard has won 1 Champions League.

So Look at that! statistics say Frank Lampard is superior to Steven Gerrard.
I know it isn't fair to judge just on statistics, but I think they definately have to be looked at and taken into consideration.

People might say that it isn't all about scoring goals and because Lampard is a better goal scorer doesnt make him the better player. Well what are the players assist records? im sure there's no significant difference there.
The argument that Steven Gerrard is a better player because he is a bigger part of the team doesn't make much sense considering Lampard has been a huge part of Chelseas success since 2005.

Also the argument that because Gerrard is a captain makes him better also makes no sense, because since when did being a captain make you a better player. Are you telling me that Patrice Evra (for Man United) is better than Lionel Messi for Barcelona because Messi isn't a captain?

So I think I have backed up very well on why Lampard is a better player than Gerrard, to those who are going to say Gerrard is better, well Why? I think you're going to have to put up a good argument