Girlfriend dreamt about having sex with her ex boyfriend?

My girlfriend told me about a dream she had last night about having sex with her ex boyfriend (she tried to censor it and didn't explicitly say this, but it was implied). She then asked told me that it concerned her and that she was upset because she wasn't sure what it meant and wanted me to figure it out... show more My girlfriend told me about a dream she had last night about having sex with her ex boyfriend (she tried to censor it and didn't explicitly say this, but it was implied). She then asked told me that it concerned her and that she was upset because she wasn't sure what it meant and wanted me to figure it out for her.

I kind of flipped out and asked her why she was telling me this, and then told her she needed to deal with these feelings on her own because I should not have to hear about these dreams.

She got upset and afterwards told me that she was unhappy that I didn't try and support her to get over the dream because it was upsetting her and got mad at her instead. What should I have done? I love her so much and want to support her, but at the same time I don't want to feel degraded by trying to interpret this for her.