?
? asked in SportsCricket · 8 years ago

Cricket-Do you remember the 1st real match & 1st televised match you saw,which one you prefer more?

Which is your favorite form of watching cricket matches, in real or on T.V. & why???????

I saw my 1st match b/w team India & India B at the Jawahar Lal Nehru stadium in New Delhi, the 1st ever day night match played in India.

I also remember watching 1985 B&H World Series, 1st match b/w India & Aus, 5 o'clock in the morning.

It was made famous by Ravi Shastri & his Audi car, for his Champion of Champions performances.

I think going to the ground is memorable experience, as you remember that all your life.

Pl share your experience & your preferred form of watching cricket.......

My first 'real' match is lost in childhood memory. Watching my dad play for our local pub team on a Saturday morning is something that has always just been there.

First television match was in 1975. Can't remember who was playing, but remember the year as it was the start of colour tv in Australia.

First international was a one dayer against the WI at the SCG. Can't remember much of the match, I was a Uni student at the time and was more interested in chasing a bit of skirt from one of the girls colleges than I was in the match! (Australia lost the game, and I struck out with the girl)!

Cheers.

• Math

I have never seen a real match in my whole life. Only seen it on TV or online streaming. The best chance for me to watch a live match was when they used to play a tournament named Sahara Cup. Every year India and Pak used to play that in Canada, I think. That was the closest chance ever to watch it in real.

I remember watching live Gary Sobers last innings. He hit 274 playing for "The rest of the world " against Australia.He hit 3 sixes over the top of the main pavilion.I was there as a younster , and still remember it to this day. what a complete cricketer he was .

• Lynn

Cena, Undertaker, Matt, Kane, Jericho, Jimmy and Shannon, Show and Michaels, Lashley, Finlay

• borhan

i don't know which team i saw first to play cricket on tv but i can remember in a world cup match maybe 96 world cup when srilanka playing against aussy and fair brothers(twin brother) one of the them drop the catch of ranatunga ( i think)

• Bill P

I did prefer the old SCG when the Hill was there. When they have the national one dayers on the south coast I try and get out to them. Television coverage is so much better now from the old days when there was only the one camera angle. My first match, I remember going to the SCG as wee bairn to see Keith Miller against England.

no

• I am yet to witness a real match in the ground. I started following cricket in 2002. The first match I saw on TV was the Champion's trophy final between India and SL which unfortunately was washed up the the rain. Since there are no international venues near my place, I therefore watch it on TV.

It is so long ago I don't remember TJ, apart from the fact it was England V AUS & was telecast by ABCTV,our national broadcaster.I have seen a lot of matches live but no international ones,although one I saw had some international players were in one of the teams.I prefer to watch cricket in my own home as it's much more comfortable (& costs less,lol)