kim h
kim h asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 8 years ago

How do you get the salty taste out of fish?

We bought some frozen Pollock. It is so salty that it does not taste good. What can you do to eliminate that?

Soak it over night in cold water ...

I'd try soaking it in water in the fridge overnight. If they're still salty the next day repeat the process and it should be less salty. In the future, if you don't want salty fish, you can buy freshwater fish. That won't be salty.

I can only suggest you poach them in water, and think about taking them back, they should,t be salty.

Edit

It has occurred to me you are talking about smoked fish they will always be salty and I have found they are best used in a fish pie, or shredded into a risotto ot other rice dish.

It is one of the few fish that isn't normally eaten as a whole fillet per person

try soaking them in water for a few hours

put it in water and leave it for about 24 hours