Claire asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Help! I'm in an exercise plateau?

I have lost around 25 lbs. I am 5'9". I was at 175 but after the 25 pound loss I'm now normally around 150 pounds (148 being my lowest). I can't get any lower than this and I'm aiming for 140 lbs. if not lower! I run every morning for an hour and burn 700 calories. What other exercises can I do to break this plateau? My diet is healthy and well managed, so I am sure that is not the issue.

It might be time for you try some muscle confusion -- there are all sorts of articles about it on the internet . Obviously your body and metabolism are accustomed to the current workout. Maybe time to do some strength training ( dont worry, not enough to be bulky-- just enough to have a little more muslcle density to increase your metabolism)

• Robert

150lb at 5'9" is a good healthy weight. But 135lb is still acceptable. The only thing I can think of is to reduce your food intake by a couple hundred calories.

Increase the amount of exercise and reduce the intake of fat