What kind of assessments do you think need to be made before concluding a dog is fear aggressive?

People have different views on what qualifies a dog as *fear aggressive*. And this is aggressiveness towards other animals and humans. Since I have been told I have no idea what a *fear aggressive* dog is, I am keeping my opinion quiet but am really interested in how other dog savvy people make this... show more People have different views on what qualifies a dog as *fear aggressive*. And this is aggressiveness towards other animals and humans.

Since I have been told I have no idea what a *fear aggressive* dog is, I am keeping my opinion quiet but am really interested in how other dog savvy people make this call.

Also, do you believe a fear aggressive dog can be re-conditioned? Does it depend on the individual dog? How serious the problem? I am not talking about a dog that has been abused. I am talking about a dog which was born fearful.

What kind of training would you do if you felt the dog could be *re-conditioned*?

Do you believe a fearful dog will ever become a stable, confident dog with the right training?

Would you own a fear aggressive dog? And if you would, what kind of precautions would you take to make sure this dog never attacks a human because of it's fear?
Update: This is a direct quote from a contributor. The reason why I am not saying anything right now. *Most people cannot and should not own a dog with any agonistic behaviour. ************* Lauri - over-reaction once is human. But every post on aggression written by you in the last year that I have been here has the... show more This is a direct quote from a contributor. The reason why I am not saying anything right now.

*Most people cannot and should not own a dog with any agonistic behaviour.
*************
Lauri - over-reaction once is human. But every post on aggression written by you in the last year that I have been here has the same tone. You are clearly deathly afraid of dogs. You also lack professional training - and what you have shared as your "method" is nothing more than physical force and domination. I don't believe you owned a fear aggressive dog - what I do believe is your used your "method" on the wrong dog and THIS dog fought back.

You would benefit from getting training help from a professional - and not some guy who claims to be an expert but relies strictly on brute force and intimidation and a suitcase of e-collars. That is not training.*
Update 2: Peg: Your dog is high strung. Fearful but I don't believe *fear aggressive*. A true fear aggessive dog cannot be trusted even with family members. A fear aggressive dog will bite and/or attack if the owner (no matter how long you have had the dog) tries to make the dog do something it does not want to... show more Peg: Your dog is high strung. Fearful but I don't believe *fear aggressive*. A true fear aggessive dog cannot be trusted even with family members. A fear aggressive dog will bite and/or attack if the owner (no matter how long you have had the dog) tries to make the dog do something it does not want to do.
Example: The dog needs to come out of the kennel. The dog will not. You reach in to take the dog out and the dog bites you. She knows it is bath time, she fears it, doesn't like it and she will bite. You can NEVER get the dog to the point of NOT biting.
Update 3: Oh my most favorite: Chix. Why don't you just email me (under your present avatar & not the other one) and I would be more than glad to give you my phone number so you can say all that to me so I can HEAR it. How about that, dearest?