La Liga fans, why are you so proud of your teams doing well in the European Losers competition?

Come talk to me when any Liga team besides Barcelona and Real Madrid makes it out of the group stage of the Champions' League. Can someone remind me how well Villareal did? The only teams that really care about the EL are those who have no chance of winning their league's title (all Liga teams other... show more Come talk to me when any Liga team besides Barcelona and Real Madrid makes it out of the group stage of the Champions' League. Can someone remind me how well Villareal did?

The only teams that really care about the EL are those who have no chance of winning their league's title (all Liga teams other than Barca and Real), and those who aren't good enough to compete in the CL (again, Liga teams other than Barca and Real, and teams from smaller leagues).
There is no reason for the likes of ManU, Lazio, and Udinese to waste energy in the EL considering they're all fighting for the title of their leagues, and at the very least they're fighting for spots in next year's CL.
Update: Senor Jose: You are the one who is not contributed anything of value and do nothing but troll, and I am the immature one? I'm raising a valid point, if you have nothing to add, and if you can't counter what I am saying without resorting to profanity, then please don't waste your time.
Update 2: Yes Inter has won the competition before. The years Inter won the UEFA Cup were during our domestic drought and terrible years, we had no chance of winning the league title and wouldn't even qualify for the CL, or crashed out of the CL, so the UEFA Cup was the only chance we had of winning some silverware. My... show more Yes Inter has won the competition before. The years Inter won the UEFA Cup were during our domestic drought and terrible years, we had no chance of winning the league title and wouldn't even qualify for the CL, or crashed out of the CL, so the UEFA Cup was the only chance we had of winning some silverware. My point is that given the choice between the EL, the CL, and the domestic league everyone would pick the CL and the domestic league, but if you had no chance of even getting into the CL and no chance of winning your league, you will then concentrate on the EL. That is exactly what is happening, as long as a team is in the running for the league title and next year's CL, they will not waste their energy on the EL and risk losing out on those bigger objectives.
Update 3: MJ, they get virtually nothing from the EL. The winner gets only 3 million Euros, that is nothing by today's standards. In the round of 32 the prize for advancing is 200000, round of 16 is 300000, quarterfinals 400000 and semifinals 700000. That is absolutely a joke of a prize, and definitely not worth a... show more MJ, they get virtually nothing from the EL. The winner gets only 3 million Euros, that is nothing by today's standards. In the round of 32 the prize for advancing is 200000, round of 16 is 300000, quarterfinals 400000 and semifinals 700000. That is absolutely a joke of a prize, and definitely not worth a team who is in the running for their league title to risk injury or fatigue to one of their best players.