John 15:19-do you think the world of man is worse than in Jesus' day?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
2 tim. 3:1-5
Best Answer
Yes by far
Look at 2 Tim 31-5 it's all here now.
  • 4
  • Comment

Other Answers (14)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • *Splash* answered 2 years ago
    no now women have rights, we have judicial systems, we have knowledge and understanding they couldnt dream of being they had no concept of the earth let alone if it were flat or not. we have more means to survive and live longer and healthier...thast just a few off the top of my head
    • 3
    • Comment
  • ? answered 2 years ago
    "But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." - Matt. 24:37. As Satan and the fallen angels tried to corrupt the genetics of man, so also is this corruption being pursued today. We live in a corruption of the Almighty's creation.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Arantheal   answered 2 years ago
    Not at all, in fact there's a lot of evidence the world is now living in the most peaceful and least violent time ever.

Read the Harvard psychology professor Steven Pinker's 2011 book "The Better Angels of our Nature: Why Violence has Declined" for a 400-page mountain of evidence for this. In the last 1000, 500, 100 and 50 years all manner of bad things have declined including wars, discrimination, bullying at schools and feuds. Sorry if that doesn't jive with your apocalypse-idea but today is the best time ever. Read the book, you won't regret it.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Stainless Steel Rat answered 2 years ago
    No,it definitely isn't.The idea that the world is somehow more violent or that things are worse than they were two thousand years ago is a farce perpetrated by some religious groups. It's how they scare people into joining their particular sect and then it's how they keep them in the group. People who use their brains and actually think about things can easily refute that kind of rubbish. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424... and this one too http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/20...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 2 years ago
    First, NOTHING could compare to what Jesus undertook, nothing.

That said, for regular people, yes, it's harder because we're
    heading down the road to the end of it, to antichrist,
    to 'peace and safety when sudden destruction will be
    at the very door'.

We see now more and more divisions, less and less 'one accord'
    or agreement on ANYTHING...a type of entropy spiritually.

Jesus said we would do great than He did.

That's because of what He said 'I in you, and you in me'
    so we are empowered to do that, can do this
    'Because He lives'...remembered that grand song.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • SHINA answered 2 years ago
    yes of course as 2 tim. 3:1-5 says clearly that we are living in critical days hard to deal with. of course crimes were der in jesus days but not like today coz in every one minute crimes are taking place. children killing parents, parents killing their own children, famines evry wer... d rate of pple dying is worth nothing and its a proof dat we are living in the last days,,, world depression , terrorism.. and god's kingdom is soon to come and dis wicked system is soon to end. jesus' word are very true ....ps:37:8-10)
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Chris Ancor answered 2 years ago
    No, I don't want to live in the desert sacrificing goats.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • ? answered 2 years ago
    Two Words:

Indoor Plumbing

Edit: Shina - I think youre makign a bit of an error. During Jesus' time (0 AD appx) the world population could not have been higher than 300 million. Today, it is likely over 7 billion. You need to take this into account for any statistics such as crime. Its why we use percentages, not numbers.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • ? answered 2 years ago
    Hard question to answer. In the past, there has been some horrible methods of deaths and tortues.
    But with population increase, I think that acts of hate increased but we don't see the cruel methods used in previous centuries(or should I say these kinds of acts are not as common as they were).
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Marc answered 2 years ago
    jesus was a not the son of god theres no proof except a old population scroll and the bible understand when we die we die thats it

Source(s):

common sense i dont believe in a wacky space god who no-one has ever seen
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Uncle Joe answered 2 years ago
    We have improved in many ways, but grown far more savage in others.
    There never has been barbarism as savage as modern industrial abortion.
    Just in the U.S. each year,
    abortion slaughters the bodies of about a million sons and daughters,
    and it slaughters the psyche of millions more parents, grandparents and siblings.

At least we haven't tried to kill the Son of God, as they did in "Jesus' Time."
    I think, however, that many atheists and others would do so now if they could.
    Let us hope and pray that Jesus would say again,
    "Forgive them Father, they know not what they do."

I am Roman Catholic.
    Peace be with you.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Christine answered 2 years ago
    Yes...in fact the word to call it is not bad but worse
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Smartassawhip answered 2 years ago
    That's hard to say. I think there are more Atheists today because of the public school systems teaching children that there is only a material world and that everything that is came into existance by accident and that God has no place in the world view taught.

Everyone was ruled by Kings until the American Revolution and all kings tended to be oppressive and no one had any rights except the royalty and the nobility. That is not the case for a large part of the world now.

As people, we have not changed one bit. We are just as sinful as the people of Jesus day. All of the inner problems and temptations are just the same now as then.

I do think the world is much worse than it was 50 years ago when I was a boy except for rights for minorities and that it getting worse all the time. The break up of marriage and the family, the increase in single mother families where the mothers have to work 2 jobs, the extremely violent and murderous street and drug gangs, the lack of belief in God; all these things are much worse. I do expect Jesus to come back in the near future. By that I mean in the next 100 years; but maybe much sooner.

Source(s):

The Holy Bible. Personal observation.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • ? answered 2 years ago
    Probably
    • 1
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock