how do i convert a cd audio track into an mp3?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are using the Windows operating system then try this:

1. Open Windows Media Player, maximize the window and click on the Switch to Library icon.

2. Right click in the area immediately above the Search box until you get a drop down menu.

3. Go to Tools/Options/Rip Music.

4. In the Rip Music to this Location, choose where you want your music to be copied to.

5. In Rip Settings, click MP3.

6. Click on Learn About Copy Protection and read warning.

7. Click on Eject CD after ripping.

8. Select the Audio quality you would like (I recommend highest quality, it sounds way better!).

9. Click OK.

10. Insert the CD you want to copy.

11. Select the audio track or tracks you want to copy. If all audio tracks are selected, uncheck the box for all files and just select the ones you want.

12. Click Rip CD.

13. After your audio track has been copied to your computer, the CD will eject automatically.

14. Search for your new mp3 in the file location you selected in step 4.

15. Once you find it you may have to rename it with the artist name and song title if it was not copied from an original CD.

Enjoy!

• donges
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Convert Cd To Mp3

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how do i convert a cd audio track into an mp3?

Source(s): convert cd audio track mp3: https://tinyurl.im/J076H
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

convert cd audio track mp3

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 years ago

CDA is not an actual music file. You can't convert it. It's a playlist file and points to where the music file is actually sourced. Mr Garcia 7 's instructions on how to use Windows Media Player to convert the stored music to MP3 via the ripping process in Media Player is spot on! Worked like a charm! Thank you Mr Garcia 7! You rock!

• 8 years ago

Well, depending on the CD you can either load it onto your computer and add them to iTunes or whatever. But if it is in a different type like .wmv then you will need to download a converter. Their free easy to use. just type into google for example ".wmv to .mp3 converter" If you dont know what the extention is for that track right click it, go to properties and it will say on the page you pull up

Source(s): experience
  • Bonna
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awVkv

To make things easy on yourself just have iTunes do it automatically when you download something. >Go to Edit. >Preferences. >Advanced. >Importing. >Import Using. >MP3 Encoder. If you drag and drop a song into the iTunes Library interface and it is not MP3 it will ask you if you want to convert it. Just click "OK." Also, if you already have songs in iTunes that are not MP3 just right click and select "Convert Selection to MP3."

• 8 years ago

Download Realplayer's converter, it should be free in general or it has a 2 week free trial .

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Fantastic Gracia...

• 4 years ago

Thanks man. The process has changed a bit since these answers but using these instructions I was able to figure it out on my own.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.