Which Opening paragraph sounds better to you?

1) I've never been one to believe in happy endings. Even as a child i knew fairytale endings were only the product of some creative writers imagination. In a vile, rotting world like this it seems as if anything that ends well is just another work of fiction. Though even in my confinement i can feel the urge... show more 1) I've never been one to believe in happy endings. Even as a child i knew fairytale endings were only the product of some creative writers imagination. In a vile, rotting world like this it seems as if anything that ends well is just another work of fiction.
Though even in my confinement i can feel the urge to hope and dream that i will have a happy ending. That the walls around me will crumble and fall. That i would be free. But i suppress it, in the knowledge that it will never happen. The walls are reinforced with steel just like the chains that bind me. What is the point in hoping just to have your hopes crushed. I do not think ill ever be free, even in death i feel i will still be bound.

2) Do you believe in happy endings? Or fairy tales?
The great works of fiction that inspire hope in the young children of every generation. Telling them that good always triumph's over evil and that your knight in shining armour while always save you.
Is that really true?
In a child's imagination it may be, but reality is nothing like those heart warming tales. Reality is a cold, harsh place where probably only one in ten thousand ever get lucky enough to experience their happy ending. For the rest of us their is nothing but heartbreak and deceit.
But then again I am biased. I've never seen any real good happen to anyone. I don't think i ever will.
Update: Also any advice or what i could do to make it better would be appreciated.