Can I take these as Itemized Deductions?

For the federal taxes, I was wondering if under the other tax line on Schedule A for Form 1040 (or anywhere else for that matter) If I can deduct these expenses:

Can take the fee I paid to get my licence renewed as a deductible expense? Also can I take a state gas tax, I have documentation to show that I paid, as a deduction?

I am going through my expenses and I know I can itemize my mortgage interest, my state income taxes that I pay, and that I can also take my real estate taxes. I was just wondering if I could take those under the other line.

2 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favourite answer


    Neither of thoses taxes/fees are deductible.

  • 9 years ago

    if you mean car license then no. you also cant deduct state gas taxes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.