Taxable freelance income?

Last year, I made about $900 doing freelance web development (from home, not for my full time employer), and I'm not sure how or where to declare that income. About half the sites I've looked at have said I should declare it the same as if I'd received a 1099 misc form for it. The other half say I... show more Last year, I made about $900 doing freelance web development (from home, not for my full time employer), and I'm not sure how or where to declare that income.

About half the sites I've looked at have said I should declare it the same as if I'd received a 1099 misc form for it.

The other half say I should file a Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business). But I don't really have a business, per se... I just did some freelance work for a former employer. Schedule C seems to be intended for someone operating an actual business.

Help?