my first was c-sec because of breech presentation only.....and after five years i m due on 27th jan for my sec?

ond baby who is 2.6 in weight and is in cephalic position ...i want to have a normal delievery but my doctor is not at all ready says that their is a great risk for scar rupture and just says that i will not at all advise...........please help me

If you are not induced the risk of rupture is much less than 1%. The risk is 7/10,000. That is less than 0.1%. Many ladies have a home birth after a c-sec and get along just fine. Find another doctor who knows the real risks of rupture.

If your scar from your first c-section is properly healed, and after 5 years it should be, then the risk of uterine rupture is about 1%. I had a c-section with my first child and have had to vaginal births since then, and am planning on having a third in June. You should ask your doctor specifically why he feels it is inadvisable and maybe get a second opinion.

Source(s): Mommy of three, number four on the way

Most doctors don't advise doing a vaginal delivery after a c section, it's not safe at all, as well as many doctors don't have insurance to cover that specific procedure because it cost them a lot more and there's so many risk.

I'm having my second csection in a week as well and i'm perfectly happy and comfortable with my doctors decision.