R&P: Who is your favorite music producer?

I know of a few older producers, but thinking of some of my favorite modern albums I'm going to have to go with Butch Vig.
Update: Seeing some good ones. Steve Albini definitely has produced some wonderful albums. Also gotta give it up to Rick Rubin (Red Hot Chili Peppers and Beastie Boys) and Trent Reznor (his own albums and Marilyn Manson). I like Phil Spector's work (this is a man who worked with The Beatles AND The Ramones), but being... show more Seeing some good ones. Steve Albini definitely has produced some wonderful albums. Also gotta give it up to Rick Rubin (Red Hot Chili Peppers and Beastie Boys) and Trent Reznor (his own albums and Marilyn Manson).

I like Phil Spector's work (this is a man who worked with The Beatles AND The Ramones), but being as crazy as he is and being a convicted murderer makes me say no. I read a funny story a while back where he was in an interview and said Charles Manson passed a note to him in San Quentin. Here's the link:
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-sp...
Update 2: @ Lil Rascal: Garbage is amazing! I can't wait for their new album!
Update 3: Ooh nice one. I can't believe I forgot about Brian Eno.