If I keep trying will I get the girl of my dreams?

(I'm at high school) Well, it has been on-going I guess. We used to chat a lot, nearly everyday but over time this has went down and now i hardly speak to her. She is probally the best girl in the school. Everybody likes her and she is very popular, funny, nice etc and I really like her. The thing is it was... show more (I'm at high school)

Well, it has been on-going I guess. We used to chat a lot, nearly everyday but over time this has went down and now i hardly speak to her. She is probally the best girl in the school. Everybody likes her and she is very popular, funny, nice etc and I really like her. The thing is it was kind of odd that she did speak to me and become really close...because she was like the most popular person in school, Dont get me wrong im fairly popular myself but I didn't know her and she got to me me.

ANyway over time I got her number and we seen each other abit. We talked alot and it just went on. But that was 2 years ago and in the middle it started to fade abit. Now I dont speak to her that much although the past week i have been making progress.

The thing im trying to ask is should I try and get close with her again. I really like her and cannot stop thinking about her....but in a way I know that it will never be...She wouldn't go for guys like me.

Should I have this approach and try and move on :( or is it POSSIBLE for me to get her. Because thats the main thing I want to know, If anyone kept trying would they most likely be able to get the girl they want. Or is that just a movie happy ending thing?