Isn't a definition of religious 'faith' basically saying 'Well I believe it & that's good enough for me'?

If you DON'T just re-read my definition & see if it could replace the rebuttal you may be tempted to give: 'Well I believe* it & that's good enough for me' * 'believe' does NOT mean 'know' unless you can say EXACTLY HOW you know (people ALWAYS seem to think these words are... show more If you DON'T just re-read my definition & see if it could replace the rebuttal you may be tempted to give:

'Well I believe* it & that's good enough for me'

* 'believe' does NOT mean 'know' unless you can say EXACTLY HOW you know (people ALWAYS seem to think these words are interchangeable for some reason -they are NOT!)
Update: WATCHER: I've heard the tired old 'Do you love your mother?' argument many many times. Yeah sure I love my mother (did -she's not around actually) but there IS evidence that emotions are real. they can be imaged in the brain using an MRI scanner. That does not de-value emotions in any way. Why... show more WATCHER: I've heard the tired old 'Do you love your mother?' argument many many times. Yeah sure I love my mother (did -she's not around actually) but there IS evidence that emotions are real. they can be imaged in the brain using an MRI scanner. That does not de-value emotions in any way. Why should it?
Update 2: Tony R: Actually no the vast majority of atheists actually DON'T say they 'know' god is not real. that is not what atheism means. it means not being convinced that any gods are real & that is all. If i say I don not BELIEVE aliens exist am i saying I KNOW they don't or that I am simply not convinced... show more Tony R: Actually no the vast majority of atheists actually DON'T say they 'know' god is not real. that is not what atheism means. it means not being convinced that any gods are real & that is all. If i say I don not BELIEVE aliens exist am i saying I KNOW they don't or that I am simply not convinced by the arguments? -Well?
Update 3: MortalGuardian: Why say 'I personally think that there are some things that are known (and are hence knowable), and there are things that are unknown. Some of those things that aren't known must be accepted based upon faith.' Why 'MUST'??? You've just admitted these things are NOT knowable... show more MortalGuardian: Why say 'I personally think that there are some things that are known (and are hence knowable), and there are things that are unknown. Some of those things that aren't known must be accepted based upon faith.'

Why 'MUST'??? You've just admitted these things are NOT knowable so why MUST you decided ONE answer MUST be right then! It MAY be correct but MUST be? Why isn't 'MAY BE' a more sensible attitude?