Ps2 games aren't reading?

My ps2 is a little old but idk if thats the problem, it reads most of my discs but some it doesn't. It just spins forever and doesn't do anything else, the worst is that the games that it doesn't read once in a while will work, I've opened it up and cleaned it but idk what else to do.

It's extremely likely that your PS2 is suffering from old age. You could either deal with having to constantly open/close the disk tray until it finally reads, or invest some money into fixing the disk reader. If you want to catch up with modern gaming, you still have the chance to buy a PS3. The PS4 isn't speculated to come out until at least 2015, so you still have plenty of time, if that's what's holding you back. Keep in mind though, that the new PS3 slims aren't backwards compatible, meaning you can't play PS2 games on them. If you want to be able to play your old PS2 games, you will probably have to find an old PS3 model on eBay.

Source(s): Proud Playstation 1/2/3 Owner.

get a ps3 or buy scratch removal for ps2 disc