How old were you when you found out "the truth" about Santa?

I was in fifth grade and I was in bed trying to go to sleep and I just couldn't! I looked at the clock and it was around 2 am or so and I kept hearing these really loud noises coming from downstairs. Then I thought, "Ooh! Santa's here!!!!" so I rushed downstairs into the living room. Then I saw my... show more I was in fifth grade and I was in bed trying to go to sleep and I just couldn't! I looked at the clock and it was around 2 am or so and I kept hearing these really loud noises coming from downstairs. Then I thought, "Ooh! Santa's here!!!!" so I rushed downstairs into the living room. Then I saw my parents..... They were dragging all of the Christmas presents from the basement and into the living room!! Then they explained to me the truth! Now that was depressing!! How about you? When and how did you find out? :o)