Do you believe Santa is actually Satan?

I want to start by saying, I grew up with the myth of Santa Claus for Christmas. I just recently was lead by the Lord to research a little more on this figure known as Santa Claus, St. Nick, Father Christmas, Lord Christmas, etc... Since I am now a father of my own, I will not blindly follow any tradition or lie... show more I want to start by saying, I grew up with the myth of Santa Claus for Christmas. I just recently was lead by the Lord to research a little more on this figure known as Santa Claus, St. Nick, Father Christmas, Lord Christmas, etc... Since I am now a father of my own, I will not blindly follow any tradition or lie without fully understanding this. We teach our children to always tell the truth and make up absurd stories about men delivering presents on Christmas down the chimney and rabbits hiding eggs on passover(Easter). I have come to the conclusion that Santa is Satans pathetic attempt to lead our children astray from the truth, Jesus is the reason for the season. Think about it, Santa presents himself to children as a form of worship and obedience in exchange for material items and greed. He comes down the chimney into a firey pit to deliver presents instead of simply using the front door. Jesus offers eternal life in heaven and teaches it is better to give then recieve. Santa teaches it is better to recieve than give. Did you know that the traits of Santa originate from the Pagan god of thunder, Thor. Thor is described as an older man who is heavier in build, has a long white beard. His element is fire and he drives a chariot drawn by two white goats named cracker and knasher. He was the yule god. He lived in Northland (sounds like the north pole). He finds fireplaces to be sacred and descended down chimneys. His symbol is the hammer and he has worker elves. Last but not least, he is regarded as the antagonist of Christ. That is only the beggining of what I have learned. He was later combined with another myth, St. Nicholas. There is no proof that this man exists. But the myth started like this- St. Nicholas and a helper named Krampus traveled together on a sleigh to either reward or punish children. If the child was good, St. Nick gave them gifts. St. Nick was a tall and slender man not like the present day santa. On the other hand, if a child was bad, Krampus would punish children and drag them to hell. Krampus was also know as the Dark One and Black Peter for the fact that he traveled down the chimney to punish children. He was covered in soot. Krampus is also refered to as demon, evil one, the devil, and satan. He was also very fond of fireplaces, kind of like the modern day Santa. Ever wonder why we call Santa Old St. Nick. Look up Old Nick in the dictionary. The definition will astonish you. The definition of Old Nick is -devil, chief spirit of evil and adversary of God: tempter of mankind; master of hell. Have you ever noticed how much attention is taken from Christ on the celebration day of his birth? Does Santa's suit look like blood soaked sheepskin to you? Move the N to the end and it spells Satan. Isn't Claus an anogram for Lucas. Lucas is also another name for Lucifer. Or maybe you can turn Santa Claus into Satan claws. Either way, there are too many factors pointing to the devils deceitfulness on this one. Remember, Satan himself will be disguised as an angel of light. Santa seems to be a good disguise. I mean, he appears to be a good guy. Do not be fooled, Satan is very smart. He has been decieving people since the Garden of Eden. I am open to comments. These are facts I am certain of and will not change but I welcome comments. I am writing this in hopes that I may make even one person think about this. God wants all his children to share the eternal Kingdom. If this can make a difference in one persons life, it was worth it.
Update: I looked that up, Word. That is exactly my point. Thank you for the info. God Bless!
Update 2: We do still exchange gifts. We just teach our daughter about giving. She is required give gifts to charity as well. I am very careful about the values we teach. We also teach that all things belong to God and blessings and gifts can come from God as well. We must still serve Him and have a resposibility to teach... show more We do still exchange gifts. We just teach our daughter about giving. She is required give gifts to charity as well. I am very careful about the values we teach. We also teach that all things belong to God and blessings and gifts can come from God as well. We must still serve Him and have a resposibility to teach the truth. We give all thanks to Jesus, He is the bearer of these gifts.
Update 3: Thank you everyone, I appreciate all the comments and imput contributed. Thank you to all my Christian brothers and sisters for the extra interpretations. I meant this for informational purposes mostly and will not change my thought on this. This is not something I think is true, it is something I know to be true.... show more Thank you everyone, I appreciate all the comments and imput contributed. Thank you to all my Christian brothers and sisters for the extra interpretations. I meant this for informational purposes mostly and will not change my thought on this. This is not something I think is true, it is something I know to be true. A Christian should understand what it to be lead by the Holy Spirit to a correct answer. I have put a lot of thought into this and haven't come to this lightly. I was just hoping to save a few from this blasphemous tradition. Either way, I welcome all opinions. I have done all research using Google, same as many of you. I knew Santa to be evil before my search, but was curious of what I could find on the internet. My wife is with me 100% and my daughter couldn't be happier. I do not believe this will spoil Christmas, as my 2 year old daughter loves the idea of celebrating the birth of Jesus with gift exchanges and charity to others. My daughter already adores baby Je
Update 4: I guess my last post was cut off at the end. My daughter already adores baby Jesus. She frequently kisses Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus on our nativity scene. When she has asks about Santa due to TV advertisements, we tell her that he is make believe just like Dora the Explore and other cartoons. She excepts this... show more I guess my last post was cut off at the end. My daughter already adores baby Jesus. She frequently kisses Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus on our nativity scene. When she has asks about Santa due to TV advertisements, we tell her that he is make believe just like Dora the Explore and other cartoons. She excepts this answer and doesn't seem to lack imagination due to it. She is excited about Christmas as a celebration of the birth of Christ and will tell you that Christmas is Jesus' birthday. We are very proud parents. I didn't know this fact until I was in my 20's.