My parents don't want me to do study abroad..?

Okay so I've wanted to study abroad ever since I was 14, my college allows us to do study abroad programs beginning our sophomore year, which will be next year for me. I'm 19 I don't know who I am or what I want to do with my life career wise, all I know for certain is that I want to travel and I'm... show more Okay so I've wanted to study abroad ever since I was 14, my college allows us to do study abroad programs beginning our sophomore year, which will be next year for me. I'm 19 I don't know who I am or what I want to do with my life career wise, all I know for certain is that I want to travel and I'm never going to get another chance to completely immerse myself for a solid year while still being semi-dependent because I would live in the universities dorms have a meal plan, just generally not having to worry about necessities.

I've told my parents that I want to spend next year studying in the uk, probably england. I would pay everything school wise to my current university, at current prices for my home university. Nothing would be paid to the university in england. I would live either in a dorm with students there or in a flat with students there. My dad regrets not studying in england when he had the chance but now that I want to he and my mom re against it. They dont wnt me to go unless I'm with a group from my university and with teachers from my university, but that would be like a summer program. My mom keeps going on about how she doesnt want to send me off to a foreign country with a foreign culture, but I'm going to England for gods sake. Its not like im asking to anywhere with a language I dont speak. England, the US, and Australia are all SO similar, we all have the same backgrounds and an extremely similar culture. I'm still going to apply and go next year, I plan on putting myself slightly in debt for it, but its worth it, its once in a lifetime experience, I just need some way to help influence them so they support me. I really dont want to go against them but this is just one issue that I am hell bent on. Its not a spur of the moment thing, I've dreamt of studying abroad for 5 years I'm going to do it whether they like it or not, I would just really like some way to help get them on my side.

Help please?