Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 9 years ago

How do you feel about sharing? Do you have sharing limits?

It could be time, knowledge, experience or anything else you could imagine..

Maybe you share your money, or your space or you offer to lend an ear.

Do you have a limit on what you'll share, when you'll share it,or with whom?

Why?

Neanie: Yes, great answer I agree with you. Thanks.

Stephen H: Thanks for sharing some good tunes. :)

Christian M: Excellent point. I agree. Namaste

Drop short and duck: lol, ok....hello! :)

Andygabs: Very nice. Thank you.

JosephV: Seasons Greetings to you and yours. Thank you.

Meaning of Love : Sharing, Caring, Understanding, Respecting and being Responsible for another.

Love is of 3 types:

1. Parasitic Love in which you take and take (eg Sadomasochistic love).

2. Transactional Love in which you give and take. (romantic love)

3. Transformational Love in which you give and give without any expectation of returns. Like why does the sun shine, why does the cloud rain, why does the wind blow, why does the flower bloom. Because it is their nature to do so. That is nature love, natural love, that is what we should strive for.

So it is our choice how we want to share our love. But there is no limit to sharing and with whom. When we realise that we are all connected by the one common thread that is our Creator, we shall be like the sun, cloud, wind, flower, etc..

As for sharing non-physical stuff I see it like this. Things like an opinion or viewpoint, belief or philosophy, that depends on the situation;. Some people are open to hearing things and some people are not. There is usually a time and a place to share things like that so one needs to use discernment as to who and what they are sharing. I have met and know some folks who have different tastes and opinions of things. At times if they ask me my viewpoint I will be honest and share. It could be something like how a sweater looks on them or it could be my opinion on universal healthcare for instance. Other folks if I think they have an agenda or are playing a game, or if I think the situation is kinda volatile, I will hold back, kinda observe and keep my mouth shut.

As for things that are physical like money ( which is usually mostly what people want) it also depends on the situation. . First I need to have the item, Second it has to touch my heart so I feel it should be shared and lastly, I will not put myself in jeopardy *i.e risk my health or own livelihood like giving away all my rent money for instance.*

First, I will choose subjects of interest to the other. My son is interested in carpentry so I will not talk of abstract subject but apply philosophy in daily life.

I share my time as long as I have energy. I would say that I found a balance between me and the other.

Quote from a Zen master:

''The Art of Peace begins with you. Work on yourself and your appointed tasks in the Art of Peace.

Everyone has a spirit to be refined.A body that can be trained in some manner. A suitable path to follow. You are here for no other purpose than to realize your inner divinity.Foster peace in your own life. And then apply the Art of Peace to all that you encounter.''

Now that I am aging quicker than time itself I am not going to share a minute of my valuable time on this planet earth with anyone.

Gee I must be getting old I have forgotten what the question was really about. So what is your problem and I'll tell you all how to overcome the impossible negativity's of life that seem to dwell inside of our minds by saying it is all a matter of time that it will all come to a end.

So I have wasted a couple of those valuable minutes I was referring too. OK that is fine to just say hello as we pass on through the darken night like shadows on the cold sea of death.

I share my time with my friends, I don't waste it. I also share with them things like pencils, books, etc. When I was a little kid I used to share my pencils with everyone, but some never gave them back. In Intermediate and High School I learned to share my things with my friends only because they do give it back. I share my knowledge to those who want it, not those who ignore me. When my friends are in trouble and they need to just talk, my ears are available. I don't share my money often because I'm not very wealthy, but when I have it, I treat my friends sometimes. :) Some people might say that I'm selfish with my things, but I'm not. I just don't want to loose them

Yes I have a limit but I imagine that limit expands as my heart and awareness expand. But sometimes the limit is not that I withhold but that the other person is not open to receive what I offer. Why didn't Jesus teach the people what He taught the disciples? Because they were not prepared to hear it. So he taught them with parables to help align their hearts and minds with a higher levels of truth.

The deeper our awareness the greater our capacity to take in more that is offered us.

Namaste'

One thing that distinguishes Humans from the other Primates is the sharing of knowledge. They used to think that monkeys taught their children. But, as it turns out, it just appears that way because the young monkeys are curious and do learn through observing their elders. However, we humans actually sit our children down and force them to learn, whether they like it or not.

Everything and everyone has gifts and these include "yes" and "no" and the gift of respect involves discernment and respecting all gifts and how they are applied. And mystery is a gift, and anything found to be good is a gift in combination with the word "yes" and anything found to be bad is a gift combine with the word "no". And gifts are given to be passed on. And with enough "yes"s, then the gift to turn the kind of "no" that convert all "yes" into "no" back in to all "yes" is given as well. And it requires absolute trust. When close to all "yes" the realisation may occur that we meet around the same centre where there is calm and we are one with all things, including what's all good and comes from the centre. And the passage through the "no" switching all "yes" to "no" on all levels, is the narrowest of passages, like the eye of a needle that is as it happens one that is just large enough for a camel to get through if it's coaxed enough. But there are all kinds of ways that gifts get passed on and keep coming back and snowballing.

Sometimes I say "no". Because I'm part of the sharing as well. And sometimes I like to daydream separately all by myself, particularly if people are keener on eliminating daydreams and keeping worse ones in place and growing those. But most of the time, I like to take in one daydream, and transform it through a daydream back into a better one and back out. And the transforming daydream kind of comes from somewhere else, for daydreams to be passed on. And most daydreams are recognisable, because they've all been daydreamed before one way or another.

And reality is unlimited and so sharing is unlimited as well. But it does involve ourselves in all that we are too, and the words "yes" and "no" that are universally shared. And if nearer all "yes" and equivalently nearer aware of whole self and equivalently nearer aware of whole else and equivalently nearer aware of all good in mind then it becomes clearer that we meet in the same centre and are one with all things. And that's total sharing.

Those fairground big wheels, if think of the outer of the wheel as subjective and potentially conflicting - or bolted together as one wheel - positions and the centre as the still objective position that keeps the whole wheel turning and in place, then a fair idea of where gifts within go to and come back out again. And the centre is shared. And there's a limit there in a way, except that it's infinitely creative And all is one.

Occasionally go overboard with sharing, space, money, time and effort and ear, in exceptional cases, including 24 hours a day for six months on one occasion when someone was beyond help in any commonplace way. (But that was a very deserving case for a wide variety of reasons, and with dramatically positive results with someone being the centre of having all gifts aggressively forced into incorrect application, and with a complete turnaround ensuing.) But I'm just as content just daydreaming by myself and being completely alone unless there's something that might be useful to do that I feel like doing.

Kind of like the number three, but there's always a hidden extra, "So after a while you get to recognise the signs so if you get it wrong you'll get it right the next time" Gerry Rafferty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPozquxCvLI

Youtube thumbnail

But taking three that seem to fit nicely together and usually work by the third time round at the latest and come back round:

"I'm in heaven" Brian Adams or DJ Sammy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eT464L1YRA

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aa3ve0pMVc

Youtube thumbnail

"Love lift us up where we belong" Joe Cocker and Jenifer Warns

"There's no limit" 2 Unlimited http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFd5Cci_pE4

Youtube thumbnail

And still can't resist some more, just because some all time favourites with some nice metaphors: "Do what you gotta do, my wild sweet love" Nina Simone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jQC6L5Z108

Youtube thumbnail

"Something inside so strong" Labi Siffre http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otuwNwsqHmQ

Youtube thumbnail

"I close my eyes and count to 10" Dusty Springfield http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByqXqz7Tvqo

Youtube thumbnail

• Rama

i try to share only when it is welcomed. God has many ways of letting us know. so better to focus on being God conscious..

sharing is important, but limits must be made