Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 8 years ago

Honda s2000 first car?

I just turned 16 and got my license and found an s2000 with a little over 100k miles on it for 7500. good condition and I was just wondering would it make a good first car?

I have a job and im going on my parents insurance. i saved up for the money myself and plan on paying the insurance myself as well.

Favorite Answer

It would make an extraordinarily impractical, uncomfortable, and dangerous first car.

But it'd be a hell of a lot of fun.

Honda S2000 First Car

I have an S2000 myself. It is an awesome car!

Even though it is a awesome, I wouldn't recommend you getting it as you first car.

Without getting into the price of insurance. I want to point out the S2000 is very driver's errors unfriendly, another word very sensitive. Since, you are 16 I am going to assume you don't much driving experiences, so you might get yourself into a situation you don't want to be in.

Now on to the safety.

This convertible is not like any other convertibles. In the course of 4 years owning the car and being on S2000 forums, I have yet to see any windshield frame caving in after rolling over.

Check out S2ki.com to read more about the S2000.

No matter what, insurance will be jacked up on that car. Probably your parents won't go for it. 1) it's a sports car 2) it's a convertable. My personal advice would be to buy a boring car and wait till your 18 to buy a better car. Before you know it, you will be paying so much money to repair normal wear and tear. I dealt with a piece of crap for a while, got laughed at in high school, but I waited till I was 19 and bought a brand new Mazda RX-8....and about the convertable thing....I totalled my RX-8 in a rollover accident...if I had a convertable, I would be dead now. I'm just saying, be patient and suffer now so you can have something that will blow everyone away...after totalling my RX-8 , I waited patiently for 2 years and bought a brand new 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8....not blab on and on...save your money for a sweet ride for the future.

• Gary

honda s2000 = fastest stock 4cylinder naturally asperiated car from the factory... s2000s are great cars, i love them, they're light, rwd and fairly quick, can be modded to make hella power, and i dont think of it as a girl car like the mazda miata(if a dudes driving a miata, i cant help but laugh) only issue i see, is its a 2 seater sports car, so like sumone said the insurance would be higher, not horrendus since its older, but still fairly high since your age. also like i said, its a 2seater. not just 2doors, but 2 seats, that means no friends can really ride with you, look id love an s2000, i only need one more seat, one for me one for my female, butyour still in high school, you still think you got 20+ friends, and you might as well have a good time while your there, but just now, you wont have any room for frineds, i say, go for it, id lve an s2000, but just now, one day u may regret a 2 seater for a daily driver. (id get a s2000 in a heartbeat if i had the extra cash, but id keep my 08 si has a daily driver.)

also keep in mind u lack xp, i know it sounds cliche, but my 1st car was a pos 03 mitsu lancer, and i got into 3 accidents with it, none were my fault, im just saying, it wont always be your fault, but sometimes, you lack the xp to avoid others stupidity, besides 1st car should be more of a bumper car, get the nice one for the 2nd car.. 1st cars like your practice one. you know, practice driving, maintaing and what not

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awt3S

If your smart you buy it baby it and drive it like the collectors car its headed to be! this is a fine car! power, handling etc. they don't offer this car model anymore and it will be a collectors some day. yes insurance will be tough especially at 17 but mark my words don't rack up miles, don't abuse it and you may someday double your investment. Nissan made a roadster while still Datsun the original name called the 2000 roadster. an MG looking roadster and today they are rare and valuable to collectors!

Uh yah it's a good first car but since your young and have a sports car I think the insurance will be high but I would love that as a first car.

• C Hris

it would be fun as f*ck but the insurance would be through the roof. but damn you could "do" so much in every sense of the word.

Source(s): Ohhh right partner, keep on rollin' baby

get a Datsun instead