Sam asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 8 years ago

Who is better Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard?

The age old question! I know what I think, Steven Gerrard, but I am intrigued to find out why many others think the same and others think so differently. Please though, no abusive answers, or answers that just say "Gerrard/Lampard, coz he just is" just try to back up your answers with facts.

I think Steven Gerrard because:

Steven Gerrard (Age: 31):

Premier league (0), FA cup (2), Carling Cup (2), Champions league (1), Europa League (1), Super cup (2). (8 major trophies)

England Appearances/goal ratio: 90/19

Frank Lampard (Age: 32):

Premier league (3), FA cup (3), Carling cup (2), Europe (0). (8 major trophies)

England Appearances/goal ratio: 86/22

(as of June 2011, inform me if some stats are wrong)

Individually, Gerrard is all round a better player as he can play SS CAM CM CDM RM LM RB.

Lampard: SS CM CAM.

Steven Gerrard is the only player to score in all FA Cup (those 2 STUNNERS against West Ham), League Cup, UEFA Cup and Champions League Finals.

He is also a more reliable player, Liverpool relies on him to give them inspiration and probably without him, Liverpool wouldn't have reached many of the finals he has played in let alone won them!

right, what don't some of you understand by "try to back up your answers with facts"?

The special Juan, is it that you find it pointless to provide facts or that the facts and statistics would point to Gerrard being the better player?

Lampard.

• Steven Gerrard

I don't give a rats @rse about what they've won it's their playing ability and importance to the team which they should be judged on and not the success that the team have had..

This is my opinion but Gerrard shades this, Lampard is tremendous but for me it's Gerrard..it's pointless asking this as Chelsea fans will say Lampard.. Liverpool fans will say Gerrard. And most of all atleast Gerrard brings his Liverpool form into the England side (even when he's being played out of position) something that Lampard fails to do.

Lampard is the greatest english footballer of the last 25 years.

Gerrard is just an injury prone lazy skank with a stupid accent and nil intelligence.

Rooney and Gerrard make the perfect pair. Imagine them on a quiz game!

What would it be called ; "Universally Challenged" perhaps.

Gerrard is a disgrace, he has failed as a footballer as he has never won a major trophy,

he is a failure as a player as he is always sitting on his fat behind on the bench,

he is a failure as a person if you remember the drunk and assault charges associated with him forever.

not a good question to include gerrard other than who is the biggest loser in the liverpool team.

Frank Lampard,

Phil Neville is better than steven gerrard

• ?

Stevie G anyday.

Apart from anything else, his leadership qualities on the field.

Anfield Forever.

• Dave

Stevie G Fact

Pardzy

• Reggie

personally i would say Gerrard

To Be Frank, I Think Its Lampard!