Do you agree on the propose tax ordinance in QC?

A propose municipal tax ordinance in Quezon city that will derived income from the middle to the rich class that have 200 sq. m. lot and above to pay an additional 500 pesos for their annual realty tax to generate income or funds to be able to built housing project for the poor sector of QC. Some oppose the idea... show more A propose municipal tax ordinance in Quezon city that will derived income from the middle to the rich class that have 200 sq. m. lot and above to pay an additional 500 pesos for their annual realty tax to generate income or funds to be able to built housing project for the poor sector of QC. Some oppose the idea and some agree for the benefit of the poor. So now QC wants to built houses for the squatters but to the expense of the middle and the rich class.
The idea for me is good to make a decent housing for the poor esp. the squatters of Quezon city. It might be better if they build a condo type housing unit, just like the condo unit for the rich. They will pay the ownership of the condo in the years to come. But this one is for the poor not the type that you see advertise on tv with lots of amenities like swimming pool and spa; just mere housing facilities just like the type during Imelda Marcos bliss project in Taguig. In Singapore, you will not see people living in street corners or near the river banks building their own shack, they all live in a building why not in the Philippines too? Do you agree on this propose tax ordinance? What do you think?
Update: I personally do not agree on the propose tax ordinance by councilor Lagman, to me it is the duty of the national government to provide housing facilities for the poor section of the city or to the whole Philippines. But sad to know, the government always tell us there is no fund or money for such an idea. The poor... show more I personally do not agree on the propose tax ordinance by councilor Lagman, to me it is the duty of the national government to provide housing facilities for the poor section of the city or to the whole Philippines. But sad to know, the government always tell us there is no fund or money for such an idea. The poor are living like cockroaches or rats under the bridge or over the bridge, near the seaside with only second hand roofs and some woods taken from the garbage dump. Why would the middle class and the rich have to shoulder such endeavor of the city? After all we always hear stories of anomaly every now and then within the bureau that another government official stole another million and get away with it. It is the sole duty of the national government to provide such housing. It is the basic rights of every Filipino to own a home in the Philippines, right or left? Right.
Update 2: jonjon-my dear boy, ano bang naitulong mo sa pilipinas lately? parang kung magsalita ka dami mong ginagawa for the Philippines. So what are they? you are just one of the tambay or perhaps a student in college. sumasama ka ba sa demo demo sa kalya perhaps not. yabang mo rin magsalita noh kasi ikaw ang example ng... show more jonjon-my dear boy, ano bang naitulong mo sa pilipinas lately? parang kung magsalita ka dami mong ginagawa for the Philippines. So what are they? you are just one of the tambay or perhaps a student in college. sumasama ka ba sa demo demo sa kalya perhaps not. yabang mo rin magsalita noh kasi ikaw ang example ng pinoy mentality. pinoy ako pero sabi ko nga iba akong magisip kaiba sa ordinaryong pinoy.
Update 3: jonjon- sabi mo 500 pesos lang naman, bakit sa tingin mo all pinoys are rich. iba nga wala ng makain noh, what place are you in the planet baga sa Mars? have you seen the people of the philippines lately sa baha wala ng makain tapos pagmumultahin mo pa ng 500 ang iba where is your conscience? kahit pa 50 pa iyan,... show more jonjon- sabi mo 500 pesos lang naman, bakit sa tingin mo all pinoys are rich. iba nga wala ng makain noh, what place are you in the planet baga sa Mars? have you seen the people of the philippines lately sa baha wala ng makain tapos pagmumultahin mo pa ng 500 ang iba where is your conscience? kahit pa 50 pa iyan, mahalaga bawat sentimo sa atin ngayon. if all of us is rich why not we can even give 1000 a day. but we are a very very very poor country. just travel around the philippines or perhaps manila na lang and you will feel the need of everyone. baka nasa US ka kaya ganyan kang magisip noh
10 answers 10