Can't sign in on Android Yahoo Mail?

Today I redownloaded my Yahoo Mail app and attempted to login again. But every time I try to it keeps giving a message saying "Sorry! We are unable to access your mailbox currently. Please try again later." I really don't know what to do, do I just wait? or is there something wrong with Yahoo Mail Android app?

seems like everyone is having issues...Yahoo please fix this as soon as possible

Same here. I have both an Android phone and an Android tablet. I can't access my Yahoo Mail from either, even with reinstalling and reconfiguring the Android app v. 1.3.6. However, I can access my email just fine either through the normal mail.yahoo.com web page or the mobile page m.yahoo.com

Clearly the issue is something at Yahoo's end. it has been like this since Thursday night.

It appears there is a problem with the Yahoo Mail app.

I suggest you download a free app called "Easy Yahoo! Mail" by 37 BRIX from the Android market.

This app does not have all the bells and whistles of the official Yahoo Mail app but it will allow you to access your Yahoo email from your Android phone until the Yahoo folks fixed their problem/s.

I'm looking at these answers but most are from four years ago. I cannot get into my yahoo mail on android, It is March 2015.

Suddenly two days ago, I was asked to sign in again. It would not take my password so I change the password which is now working on my PC.

But each time I try and login on my droid, it sends me back to the login page.

Same problem here. Have been getting notifications for e-mails but the last one to show in my Inbox is from 7:30 last night. Tried all of the re-installing, re-booting, etc. instructions and now luck. Now getting the error message that my mailbox can't be accessed. Droid 2 Global. Anyone have any luck yet?

I had the same problem last night. I noticed that my mail was not being refreshed on my android app. I uninstalled Yahoo Mail and re-installed it after a reboot only to get the message listed above. Hoping that it would resolve overnight, but it hasn't . I'm hoping for a quick resolution to this problem!

I think, to day people all around the world have the same problem with login yahoo mail on android. I don't know whats going on and what can I do for my work but please fix it as soon as possible and make us cheers again.

Glad I am not alone. Been having the same problem with the app on my Droid 2 Global. I would get notifications I had emails but when I would go to see them they wouldn't be there. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now it won't even let me in. Hopefully something gets resolved soon. This is very frustrating.

Woah....I didn't know this was a common problem...I bought NOBIS Tablet in November 2014 and it was working just fine ti'l last week , I can get in to yahoo mail user/password ok , but when I touch the screen to open my emails it won't open, I try searching for answers at yahoo help without success, ......I get I'm not the only one that has to wait til he/she gets one to check the emails at the home laptop......wuffff....what a tablet waist..!!!

I was also having trouble reading new emails. I thought it was because by inbox had too many emails in it, so I moved all 5000+ of them to another folder - it did not help, though. I then removed the app, data and cache, powered off the phone (HTC Desire), reinstalled the app - no change - it still says: "Sorry! We are unable to access your mailbox"

~~Same on my iPhone 4, just got it last week but what's CRAZY is that I can view the Yahoo homepage just fine, it has me automatically signed in!!It's only when I try to sign in to mail!! Well i also tried Messenger, but its not working either!!!

**Oh... curious to find out if this has happened to anyone else...?! When I was on the sign in screen, I hit the 'BACK' button a few times in a row & REALLY QUICK my emails popped up like password had been accepted, HOWEVER, only for a split second! I thought that was odd!! My other Yahoo Account is working properly!?~~. HELP!!!

Source(s): ALL!