Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Doesn’t an atheist’s failure to see God through his creation prove their spiritual blindness?

The purpose of your life is the First and Jesus said, Greatest Commandment, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.' That’s why Jesus called it the first and the greatest commandment. Mark 12:28-30 ~

Are you doing this? If not, the greatest Commandment becomes your greatest sin.

Confess your sins to God, truly sorry from your heart and simply ask His forgiveness; He will, completely. Then turn from them proving your repentance is real. Trust that Jesus’ death on the cross took the punishment your sins deserved. All who do will receive eternal life and be empowered by the Holy Spirit to do what He commands. Otherwise, if you lose eternal life, it will have been by your own choosing. He made the way for your sins to be forgiven! Why do you delay?

Read how the Bible says you can have eternal life: Matthew 4:17; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19; Acts 7:30; Acts 11:18; Acts 20:21; Romans 2:4-5; Romans 3:23-24; James 2:10; Hebrews 9:27; 1 John 1:8-9; Romans 5:8; Romans 10:9-10; Romans 10:13; Ephesians 2:8-9; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 3:18; John 3:36; 1 John 5:11-13

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago

Only if it is clearly settled on some other ground that God actually exists.

The *assertion* that God is obvious in nature and the night sky does not make it so of itself

Personally I can look around and see *at the very least* the clear possibility of a cold, indifferent universe.

Considering the appearance of the surface of the moon ought to give pause for thought, just on its own.

According to Paul and the bible (Romans 1:18-32.) I must be trying to deceive myself, and this deliberate denial is linked to me being a comprehensive monster, morally.

Yours,

futile, foolish, sinful, impure, degraded, lustful, indecent, perverted, depraved in mind, wicked, evil, greedy, envious, murderous, strifeful, deceitful, malicious, gossiping, slanderous, insolent, arrogant, boastful, disobedient to parents, senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

(And I've missed a few, if, if, Paul and the bible are right)

Oddly, this was all missed when I passed interviews and police checks to work as an unpaid volunteer with vulnerable adults and children.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • preces
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

they're MADE blind, so as that they won't be able to see. using fact in the event that they see, turn and repent, God is then obligated to heal them. the only valid way that an unbeliever can come to Christ is thru a calling on their lives that's God's reaction to the prayers of His Saints and His assessment of the unbeliever's heart, which in ordinary terms HE can study...

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Yes we share spiritual blindness to see Zeus, Odin or any Egyptian or Aztec deities.... but we called not believing in invisible friends, and we include your favorite version of the abrahamic deity... but don't worry we can see why some people need invisible friends...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Doesn't your failure to see Ra through the sun prove your spiritual blindness?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Doesn't the questioner's failure to discern fact from faith prove his blindness to what is real and what is made up?

• NICKH
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

No, it proves wishful thinking on the part of the creationist...

• 9 years ago

Uh no. I'm pretty sure I was created because my mom and dad decided to have sex. Nice story, though. ;]

• 9 years ago

The quran tells you to worship allah, you gonna be doing that any time soon?

• Sandi
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Not so much as spiritual blindness, more like logical and sane.

• Corey
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No, it just shows that we're not begging the question like you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.