Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Does anybody else sense athiests masquerading as Christians pulling crap to give Christians a bad reputation?

Anybody can claim they are Christian but it seems to me the objective of the ones that claim they are and do damage are just trying to get people to turn away from Christianity. A Conspiracy Theory probably of anti-Christ origin.

I have been seeing this on here. The thing is.. a Christian knows when someone is portraying to be one. I read the Q's and move on to the next. It's just a game for those people. :P

Great Q (((† ♥ † RULES!))) ╰☆╮╬ ♡ℋℴ℘ℯ ヅ

Source(s): God bless :)

We've got that on both sides....when people pretend to be christian, we tend to call them a POE...I have not seen the net term yet for when folks pretend to be atheist...

In all fairness, I will not try to say I know the beliefs of the pretenders....could be atheist...hell could be Hindu for all I know...but the bottom line is people get a kick out of doing it. Is there an actual agenda? I doubt it. I really think that's a little paranoid to think there is, but I could be wrong....I have no clue who is on the other end of the net....

Considering that in this country (the USA) 46.2 million citizens or 15.1% of the population is living at or below the poverty line while 82% of the population professes to be Christian so that it is painfully obvious that those who profess to be followers of Christ are not feeding the hungry, housing the homeless,clothing the naked or seeing to the needs and general welfare of the poor as they are specifically directed to do by the Gospels no one needs to do anything to make Christians look like liars and hypocrites as they are doing such a good job by themselves.

namaste

There might be. 'Wolves in sheep's clothing' would be possible for sure. And then

there are totally legalistic 'Christians' who will rip anyone apart if they say anything

that is wrong, and will not answer your question as a question but pick it apart,

will not follow the guidelines in your question at all. I see no difference in these

ones and hostile atheists. No fruit of the spirit. I have to block them. Maybe I can

go back and unblock one day.

I don't doubt there may be some trolls like that here (as well as vice versa), but by far the worst reputation about Christians comes from Christians themselves.

Here are some 'peace walls' in Belfast, built to stop violent gangs of Christians from attacking each other:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/gallery/2009/jul/29/p...

No way will you convince me that non-Christians are behind all that.

• Anybody claiming to be a Christian must be taken as one. There is no measure by which we can test them. Also, you may want to read about Poe's law.

Christians do that all by themselves with their smugness and the irrationality, my dear.

And talk to a shrink about your "anti-Christ" ramblings.

Source(s): -atheist ex xian. http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/
  • lots of people call themselves christians. only the most religious pull the crap you are talking about.

• Rai A

I suspect some are - just as some Christians pretend to be Atheists to misrepresent Atheism.

HOWEVER - I've no doubt SOME are actually Christians who honestly think they have the right to be "pulling crap" - so are doing a foot shot.

.

Source(s): Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Atheists don't need to masquerade as Christians "to give Christians a bad reputation". Christians have done that perfectly, throughout history, all on their own.