When eating a large calorie deficit, is starvation mode going to hinder my weight loss?

There are conflicting reports of starvation mode on the internet. Some places say it's a myth, others claim it's real. I'm wondering if someone can clarify whether it will affect my weight loss. I'm very overweight and am trying to lose weight. This week I decided to start a food diary to measure... show more There are conflicting reports of starvation mode on the internet. Some places say it's a myth, others claim it's real. I'm wondering if someone can clarify whether it will affect my weight loss.

I'm very overweight and am trying to lose weight. This week I decided to start a food diary to measure my calorie intake. I've been cutting down on a lot, and figured my calorie intake would be around 1500-2000. But on recording my food, it's lower.

Yesterday I had some pasta for lunch and two Cornish pasties with mushy peas for dinner, and two plums as snacks. I thought that the rather unhealthy nature of the pasties would put my calorie count rather high, but in total I only had about 1350 calories. Today I had a cream cheese sandwich (two slices of wholemeal bread and a generous helping of light cream cheese) and a plum for lunch, and I am planning on having two breaded turkey steaks and baked beans for tea. I'll probably have another plum or two as snacks. In total that will put me at about 1050 calories for the day. I never have breakfast. I'm just not hungry in the morning.

I certainly don't feel like I'm starving myself. I feel like I'm eating plenty to keep me full. Yet the calorie tracking website I'm using said I'm at danger of putting myself in starvation mode. Online some places say starvation mode is a myth, others say it's real. I don't know what to believe. Is consuming this few calories going to hinder my weight loss?