Very vivid dream about friend who passed away in April. Do your dreams ever seem really real to you?

My best friend from my childhood died on April 13th. Last night I had this really vivid dream that I got a call from him and was amazed because I thought he was gone. We planned to go to a football game the next weekend. When I woke up this morning, it took me a minute to figure out if that was real or not.... show more My best friend from my childhood died on April 13th. Last night I had this really vivid dream that I got a call from him and was amazed because I thought he was gone. We planned to go to a football game the next weekend.

When I woke up this morning, it took me a minute to figure out if that was real or not.

I know we obviously can dream about things that we have put in the back of our minds, but I just couldn't believe how real it felt. Have you ever had that sensation?