Can old-fashioned and overprotective parents answer me these questions?

For 40 years during the cold war, there was a huge chance that Russia, Cuba or China would launch nuclear missiles to destroy major American cities. Why do you say "The world is more dangerous for our children now than it's ever been"? Up until 80 years ago it was common practice for a 14 year old... show more For 40 years during the cold war, there was a huge chance that Russia, Cuba or China would launch nuclear missiles to destroy major American cities. Why do you say "The world is more dangerous for our children now than it's ever been"?

Up until 80 years ago it was common practice for a 14 year old to get married and have kids. Why do you say "14 year olds shouldn't be exposed to sex"?

Until the ways of raising children changed in the 90's the number of women beaten by their husbands was significantly higher than today. Why do you say "spanking doesn't teach violence"?

During the Vietnam war, young men were drafted (and many were killed). Why do you say "today's young people are wasting their lives"?

Before vaccines, preventable diseases were the #1 killer of people. Why do you say, "I'm not going to vaccinate my child because a parenting magazine says that it might give them autism"?

In Saudi Arabia children aren't exposed to sex and their society is completely "clean". Do you think that's how you want the free world to be?

My list of examples goes on and on, but I'll just sum it up. Why do you think that your children need to be raised like it's the 50's?

Thanks for the answers!
Update: Not to mention drive-by shootings were easier to pull off back then.