Why do so many people pretend to be asian, when they're clearly not?!?

I'm japanese, and people always have to tell me their asian encounters, and how much they love asian food. Some even claim to have japanese in them, and then try to make it know they are "japanese" even though they're clearly not. This girl at my school her xbox live name is "notsayingfirstpartXxAsianGirlxXnotsayinglastparteither" and she's african american >.< see this is why we asians stick together. If your not asian don't try to be. Not too mention alot of them talk nonstop about animes, and fried rice. Annoyinnng.

• ?

I really do like Japanese food. And I am white. But I am not close minded when it comes to food.

When I was in Africa some random people thought I was Japanese. Yes, I am white, and do not have any Japanese in me.

There are a lot of Japanophiles, aka weeaboos, aka Otaku, who are in love with Japan for no other reason than that they are obsessed with anime and manga. I've asked questions on here about Japanese literature, and no one can answer them. They have no idea who Yukio Mishima, Junichiro Tanizaki, Haruki Murakami, or even Banana Yoshimoto are. I took two courses in Japanese literature in translation. We covered just about everything from the Kojiki on.

It's a truly weird phenomenon. They like Pocky and cosplay and eat out of bento boxes and really need to get a life instead of imitating some foreign pop culture.

@SeeJung: I don't know anyone who wants to be Korean. I've heard of the mythical Koreaboo, but I have yet to actually meet one IRL or OL.

Hey i'm half korean and half japanese. I see so many filipino people in my school who think they're korean and japanese.. They stalk me on facebook and it's really annoying i know. Just leave them alone and they'll understand how stupid they were back then.

Source(s): Im asian 16 male guitar player jazz band rock band

Are you Japanese? Then tell me who's the last shogun of Muromachi shogunate. I am sure you are able to answer this without looking up. If you are Japanese.

Just joking. LOL.

Same reason people claim to be part black or any other "exotic" ethnicity. Just to seem cool or so they can pretend to be able to relate. Basically, they are attention whores.

Source(s): I see it everytime I leave my house...

i thought Japanese pp are modest but after reading your question i may change my mind :-D

if some one like my culture and into it i'd be glad and not annoy at all

Source(s): as some one said : grow up

Because they're losers and don't appreciate their own race and countries of origin.

I never met anybody like that

LOL

Yeah thats around alot...

I wish I knew why...They want to be awesome like us (us Asians) :P

• ?

Grow up.