patch
patch asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 years ago

Why can Eastern European immigrants find work but our own disaffected youth can't?

How many Poles and Lithuanians took part in the riots.

Because they try.

They show up for interviews.

They show up smart and well groomed.

They don't get pissed out of their skull the night before.

Because they attended school and got an education.

Because their parents taught them respect, courtesy and good manners.

Because they can read and write in at least two languages.

Because they are punctual.

Because they use their brain.

Because they don't spend all day whinging.

Because their parents had a work ethic and passed it on.

Because they take pride in what they do.

Because they have a sense of humour.

Because they are willing to learn.

Because they don't fabricate sick days.

Source(s): I have spent the last 25 years working in recruitment.

Nobody argues that our own youth have it hard.

I'm not sure how many Poles and Lithuanians took part in the riots but I remember from a previous question which was unfortunately deleted and you had stated "I would be surprised if a lot of Scots did not take part in the riots". This was a question asked by Cardinal Folly.

So since you are so good at guessing what ethnic groups partook in the riots why don't you tell me how many Poles ot Lithuanians were involved?

Oh I forgot you're from the PC Brigade, you're allowed to make negative generalisations on the Scots, English, Welsh and Irish without any proof but no not Eastern Europeans.

• ?

Disaffected or just downright lazy try telling one of these geniuses that if they had actually gone to school instead of bunking off every chance they got they might not be in the position they now find themselves in.

One asked on a radio interview why he did not have a job said why should I work all my mates don't and they have lots more than I do and beside I get the the dole when it was explained to him that he only got the dole because other people went out to work his answer was why should I work to keep all the dole bludgers .

Its not good telling these kids that they just cannot walk into well paid jobs where they don't get their hands dirty most of them would not know how to fill in a form for employment as many of them cannot even spell their own name .

I was always taught you want to eat then you will work for it if anything the dole needs to be cut or the conditions for getting the dole should include periods where they have to work to get it not just hold their hands out I am sure that if the employers were subsidised to take unemployed youth and dole payments were cut to a given level many more would be in work .

Probably because they are prepared to get out of bed in the morning and work hard, for little money. You don't get a dream job when you leave school. Also, their English is usually much easier to understand than the way some of our young people speak.

I am not unsympathetic to our young people. When I left school I had a choice of jobs to go to, but many nowadays can see no possibility of getting work, no future. I can't imagine how depressing that must be.

• 11UN

I ask myself the same question.

I find myself in a 'Catch 22' situation. Many employers ask for experience, but how is one supposed to gain some when nobody wishes to give you the chance?

(Eastern Europeans do and will use friends as references. Should I lie instead?)

Source(s): Unemployed nineteen-year-old.

Its because they don't want to work...i started work when I was 16 to fund me through school and university, it wasnt glamarous, I worked at McDonalds for 6 months to gain work experience, then went to tesco and stacked shelves 4 nights a week striaght after university until 10:30pm. I did this for 4 and a half years, got my degree and now I earn £27,000 a year which is a good wage here. I worked hard for that, no reason they can't

Some of our youngsters don't bother to look for work.

Some are unemployable,functionally illiterate

.None are over qualified,just snobby about the work they're prepared to do.

It appears that some want to join the career ladder half way up,not at the bottom like in the real world..

But most,want to work,but there are not the jobs available.

• focus

Unfortunately for the British, the immigrants are willing to take any job and work like mad to keep it. If the British youth would get off their backsides they could find work.

hi Patch.

Simples really bc the jobs on offer that the immigrants will do are rubbish poorly paid - and often treated badly bc if you do them jobs you're deemed a loser as thus treated as one.

The immigrants do these jobs as an entry into the country nt bc of any work ethic.

I think you'll be surprised immigrants - poles can be just as lazy as there british counter parts - once they have a right to live in this country.

the riots are more of a jumping on the bandwagon thing - and possibly protesting at being sidelined by society?

Poles are here because no-one in the UK wants to work in the service industry