----
---- asked in PetsOther - Pets · 9 years ago

How do I earn my rabbit's trust?

My bunny is really jumpy and hates being picked up. What should I do?

Not all bunnies like to be picked up and make sure your picking up the rabbit correctly. And make sure everytime you see your bunny your not trying to pick it up, that may be why its jumpy.

We just did this with our rabbit for trust it works!- Get a carrot or a treat that your bunny likes and stick it in your mouth and hold it while laying on the floor so your on the same level as the bunny. Have the bunny come up to you do not try to force it, this will take some time, and let the bunny nibble on the treat wile holding it in your mouth. Ha and let go of it once it gets to close to your mouth dont want lips missing. Be calm, and do it every few hours for a few days see if the bun comes around. good luck!

Source(s): Bunny owner

don't pick him up. rabbits don't like being off the ground.

if you do pick him up, make sure that you support his back feet and his chest.

if you want him to stop being jumpy, get rid of all the noise.

• Hay

It'll eventually warm up to you. My bunny used to be like that, now she lets me pet her. Sooner or later she'll let me pick her up. Just spend more time with your bunny, good luck!

Give it lots of carrots and take it on a date to the movies and out to dinner, they like that.