Multiverse theory????????????????????????...

I was watching a show and a lady, can't remember he name, was calculating the probabilities of a Big Bang theory, and said that alot more universes were needed for there to be a chance of a big bang in our universe. She also said that string theory must exist. Can someone shed some light on this and explain why... show more I was watching a show and a lady, can't remember he name, was calculating the probabilities of a Big Bang theory, and said that alot more universes were needed for there to be a chance of a big bang in our universe. She also said that string theory must exist. Can someone shed some light on this and explain why string theory is needed?
Update: Well i am sorry for calling it a theory, however, my question was not what a thoery was. Which seems to be the only answers i got.