Has anyone made bread pudding with 'odd' bread ingredients?

I recently had some VERY stale (three months old) bakery cookies in my cabinet, that I didn't want to throw away, but they were too hard to eat (I only like soft cookies). I decided to try using them to make bread pudding. I used about 14-16 three inch cookies, 4 beaten eggs, 2 cups milk, and 3/4 cup brown... show more I recently had some VERY stale (three months old) bakery cookies in my cabinet, that I didn't want to throw away, but they were too hard to eat (I only like soft cookies). I decided to try using them to make bread pudding. I used about 14-16 three inch cookies, 4 beaten eggs, 2 cups milk, and 3/4 cup brown sugar (with some ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg). I let the custard mixture sit in the baking dish with the crumbled cookies for about 45 minutes, to allow the cookies to soften up before baking. It came out GREAT!
I've used all manner of breads, from hamburger/hotdog rolls, to stale biscuits and muffins, but this was my first experiment with cookies.
Has anyone else used 'odd' breads to make bread pudding? I'm thinking of making a savory version (no sugar) using cornbread, garlic bagels, or Texas toast.