Honda S2000 A good car?

Well, I turned 17 recently and I've been saving money from odd-jobs I do from time to time or change I accumulated from the couch/friends not having room from buying things (believe it or not, I made a HELL of a lot of money saving change.) I recently met my mark of $15,000. I've been driving a 2004 Nissian... show more Well, I turned 17 recently and I've been saving money from odd-jobs I do from time to time or change I accumulated from the couch/friends not having room from buying things (believe it or not, I made a HELL of a lot of money saving change.) I recently met my mark of $15,000. I've been driving a 2004 Nissian Sentra which is not a car I picked out and I've never really enjoyed it, but I've researched cars for the past year and found that a car I want is the Honda S2000. My brother is a mechanic and said that they are really awesome cars and he works on Hondas constantly so if anything went wrong he has the knowledge.

But, I have put thought into this. I'm positive the insurance is going to sky-rocket... even if I am signed as a co-driver on my dad's policy. I plan on getting another job in the winter to help/pay for it because I really don't wish to be a huge burden to my parents after my other two brothers >_<. How much exactly, I'm not sure yet but I really do wish to have this car because I really want to drive something I enjoy and fits my personality.

But all-in-all is the Honda S2000 worth the time and effort I've put into it? or should I just use what I've accumulated and buy a different car that might be "me"?

Sorry for the wall of text, and great appreciation goes to those who read it and offer an opinion. :)
Update: P.S. I know there is a lot more then insurance that is big, but it's in my opinion the major one. With the $15,000 I have extra $2,000 to pay for things like licensing and stuff like that.