Atheists: why do some of you say that there is zero evidence for God?

Let's elaborately discuss this matter. I understand what may be some of the reasons why some atheists say that there is no evidence for God. In the real world, there are some people who have ulterior motives. Perhaps some people do not want there to be a God, and so they just adamantly refuse to see any... show more Let's elaborately discuss this matter. I understand what may be some of the reasons why some atheists say that there is no evidence for God. In the real world, there are some people who have ulterior motives. Perhaps some people do not want there to be a God, and so they just adamantly refuse to see any evidence that challenges their desires. That's what puzzles me so. Many atheists are honest, so I fail to understand why so many of them would say that there is zero evidence for God (as in the Christian God). Why do some of you atheists say that?

What precisely are your parameters for what counts as "evidence?" If you have very stringent rules for what can be called evidence, you might want to reconsider your point of view. In all probability, the evidence that we do actually have probably would not hold up in a court of law. In terms of science or scientific evidence, there is probably precious little to indicate that God exists. Perhaps there is none at all, if you demand to use scientific standards. But this is NOT a scientific matter. This is a supernatural matter. And this isn't a trial, either- this is reality. This is real life.

I already know that we cannot use the Bible itself to prove that God exists. I am well aware of what circular logic is. The Holy Bible cannot prove that God is real, but it certainly suggests it. Does it not? What about people who hear God speaking to them? I am not talking about paranoid schizophrenia or some other abnormal psychiatric condition. I am talking about rational, sane, healthy people who actually can hear God talk to them (as if speaking to them in their mind). Doesn't this constitute anecdotal evidence for God? If the explanation is not psychiatric, and if these people are healthy and normal, then how do we explain their testimonies of hearing God speak?

There are also miracles that science cannot explicate. There are healings that occur every day that do not have any rational explanation. Some of them, to be sure, are "spontaneous remission" cases. But not all of them can be.

These are just a few examples of evidence that we have for God. So why do some atheists state that there is absolutely no evidence at all for God? Explain.