Been divorced for 1 1/2 years I am ready to start dating again but am having a hard time meeting people?

I'm 27, have 2 kids, work full time and am getting ready to start college classes online this summer. I don't have a lot of free time because I have my kids except for every other weekend. My divorce was final 1 1/2 years ago, which broke my heart. It took me a long time to realize what went wrong and learn to accept it. I feel that I have accomplished that at this point and would like to move on. I have only been on 1 date since my divorce but I realized I wasn't ready after that. My question is where can I meet some decent people at? I know some people meet at bars and live happily ever after but I am guessing the odds in that probably are not that good. Most of my friends are married so it's hard to even find people to go out with. I don't really have time to join a new group that is going to take up a lot of my time. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

i feel your pain.

• Online dating sounds like an obvious choice for a situation such as this. Plenty of Fish dot com is a free dating site... being free, it may be that you get what you pay for though.

I'm not sure if you've heard of it but there is a good site called Meet Up dot com. It's not a dating site but it is a site which lists and hosts different groups online for activities that you are interested in doing. It's a good way to meet people...even new girl friends to go out with. This would be my first choice if I was in your situation. There are different groups on all different topics/interests...even groups for single moms. The people belonging to the groups arrange events, including activities to do together. Anything from scrabble to a cruise. The site is free to join and participate in.

If online is not an option to you, then you simply need to get out more with and without your kids. I would suggest participating more at your children's school to meet other parents there, going to places like museums, parks, science centers etc. with the kids, checking out free/local community events such as festivals, open houses and outdoor concerts etc. I know you're busy but if this is important to you then you will simply have to find the time. Depending on your social network, it may also not be such a bad idea to let your family and friends know that you're looking. Blind dates really aren't so bad!

Good luck!

Find a hobby that allows a baby sitter:

1. Gym membership - many gyms (YMCA) have kid care and you get to go to group classes with a bunch of people. Great way to meet good friends and find out who is single at the gym and a good person too.

2. Church - most have nurseries and kids classes so you can go to an adult class to learn and meet people.

3. Connecting Points - Most church have meetups up people with similar interests like scrapbooking, womens night out, tennis, etc. Gives you a chance to get out with child care and meet new people.

4. Conferences - GO to a conference on topic for what you are going to shool for. You will meet people that share your passion and while networking will run into single people too.

• ?

Smile - always smile. You can get rid of the jerks later - smile. Large churches aren't a bad place; social activities at nearby colleges or U's - concerts - teachers conferences - divorce support groups, etc. Call or visit your local Chamber of Commerce they often have a calendar of community events; check the weekender section of your local newspaper. (Mine comes out on Thursday.)

Good luck.

• rmm

Decent people go to church.

Church's usually have "singles" classes.

Church's also have nursery or classes for your kids at the same time.

However, be on the lookout for the man that is just using church to find a decent woman, but isn't decent himself.

Hi, if you are having hard time meeting people, or you have no time, maybe some dating sites will be helpful, for example this. It's not neccessary that you meet someone right there, but it can be useful sometimes.

Church is a Great place, you can also try on;line dating as well. try hanging out with coworkers and see how it goes from there. You can also IM or email me and I can give you many other ideas. Click my name for contact info.

Church, or try taking one classroom class now and then to mix things up. It is tough when your schedule is so full