Why men make more money than women?

No not going to be sexist/stupid here and if you intend to be please don't answer. I have been wondering why women are making less money compared to men and I think I've found it: women have just recently obtained the right to earn power and for years it has been the male's world, so we have been... show more No not going to be sexist/stupid here and if you intend to be please don't answer. I have been wondering why women are making less money compared to men and I think I've found it: women have just recently obtained the right to earn power and for years it has been the male's world, so we have been pounding our chests to show superiority for many years. Now females have the ability to compete against man for and they are just getting the hang of it, eventually we will could possibly become overrun by female leaders if their progression continues. (not saying that is a bad thing btw)

What do you think about this hypothesis? do you have one as well?
Update: @ know it all: But could that fact be because they are just learning how to work next to men in this world? After all for years we were considered MANkind (emphasis on the man) but now we call ourselves humankind.
Update 2: @Gianna Rose: I really hope that is not the case and in most cases I believe it isn't. Lots of big corporations would be losing the money they saved on underpaying women on a lawsuits. (I will respond to more people just give me time)
Update 3: @ Katherine Miles: Your points are valid unfortunately women have to endure the burden of creating life and sustaining it without pay. Day care isn't always an option which is why it isn't too profitable as of now. While in school though, women tend to have more hours to work. Perhaps if the school day [and... show more @ Katherine Miles: Your points are valid unfortunately women have to endure the burden of creating life and sustaining it without pay. Day care isn't always an option which is why it isn't too profitable as of now. While in school though, women tend to have more hours to work. Perhaps if the school day [and daycare] was extended women would be able to work for longer hours. I'm actually interested in early childhood development because if we can teach them correctly as infants we can create smarter humans, which would give day care more of a purpose! If men took care of infants would it make much of a difference? I don't know but if not there should be more stay at home dads to the male:female ratio in workplaces.
Update 4: @ Thomas: You have a pessimistic view on this matter! I believe that the Clinton's were a duo while in office which is why they were so successful. I am not saying that Hilary didn't contribute. I am sure she did a grand bit of work which is what made her qualify for president but because Bill's hormones got the... show more @ Thomas: You have a pessimistic view on this matter! I believe that the Clinton's were a duo while in office which is why they were so successful. I am not saying that Hilary didn't contribute. I am sure she did a grand bit of work which is what made her qualify for president but because Bill's hormones got the better of him the pair has been broken. If either of them were on their own I don't think they would've (or could have) been successful.
Update 5: @ Helena: hehe I used that "once we get more stay at home dads this will even out." bit in my answer to Katherine! Still I am concerned. Women have been raising kids for quite some time and they're dam[n] good at it it! I don't know if men have what it takes to raise a child due to their lack of experience.... show more @ Helena: hehe I used that "once we get more stay at home dads this will even out." bit in my answer to Katherine! Still I am concerned. Women have been raising kids for quite some time and they're dam[n] good at it it! I don't know if men have what it takes to raise a child due to their lack of experience. However, like my hypothesis with women in the workplace, I believe that with time they can as good and perhaps better at raising children! We may be differ greatly but we still have the same building blocks (our brain) and while some may differ from others, we still have that common ground.
Update 6: @ jupiteress: First I would like to address the "None of what I have written is sexist." It was funny you said that. You don't have to be worried; I completely understood that your idea isn't sexist so when I came to that line I was baffled, I actually laughed :) And yes what you are talking about with the man... show more @ jupiteress: First I would like to address the "None of what I have written is sexist." It was funny you said that. You don't have to be worried; I completely understood that your idea isn't sexist so when I came to that line I was baffled, I actually laughed :)
And yes what you are talking about with the man having power over women is very true. I must say though that we do compete against other males as well as females. We however ostracized females, putting them at a disadvantageous state for when they finally gained equality. Because of this we evolved men to become stronger physically and mentally. This is why some blacks are so good at sports because (based off my hypothesis) they were still using brute force to catch their prey instead of creating devices like their other human counterparts. ((Not saying they're primitive in fact quite the opposite, in the rest of the world humans were creating devices to fight for more trivial things like wealth and power over other humans.))
Update 7: I just wanted to say thanks to all people who answered. You are just what I'm looking for: mature open minded people. I shall make a post about this thread to get more answers and I can only hope that I get more answers like the ones I have previously received because this is a rarity, an actual productive question... show more I just wanted to say thanks to all people who answered. You are just what I'm looking for: mature open minded people. I shall make a post about this thread to get more answers and I can only hope that I get more answers like the ones I have previously received because this is a rarity, an actual productive question in the GS seciton! Lastly, if you find this as interesting (which i believe many of you do) please remember to star it so that I get more answers :)