Claire asked in HealthWomen's Health · 10 years ago

What is the cause of this brown discharge?

I while ago I had this odd brown discharge that only last for a couple of says. Everything I have looked up points to something called implantation. It relates to pregnancy but I am a virgin. Everything matches up though! The amount of time it lasted. The color it was. The consistency of the discharge. ETC. What could this be? Please help me I am rather scared.

Note: My boyfriend and I were recently sexually active. However, there was never actually any penile penetration. Like I said, I am a virgin. This brown discharge happened a couple of days after that. And about a week before Im supposed to get my period. Please help me! I really need it! I feel like Im scaring myself into thinking am pregnant, which logically, doesn't seem to be possible!

It's because you're getting close to your period. Mine always does that. Don't worry about it, it happens to most girls.

• Joanna

It's just light period flow. Since it's just a little, it takes longer to travel outside of your uterus, and with time, it changes to brown (old)