How do I show my word count on a Word Document?

I'm writing a research paper for my English class and the first draft of it is due on Monday. One of the submission requirements demands that I show my word count. I was able to figure out how to do this (Word Count is the third option under Tools). When I clicked it, it came up with a box listing a lot of numbers including my word count. My issue now is that I do not know how to paste the image of the box onto one of the pages of my paper in the Word Document. Can anyone help me with this? It would be much appreciated!

5 Answers

  • 10 years ago
    Favourite answer

    Press the printscreen button - it may be shown as PrtScrn on the keyboard (it is on the same line as f1, f2 etc.) this will take a picture of your screen. Then go on a different document and press ctrl v, crop the image so that only the word count box is shown. Then paste it into word. If you have trouble say how many words the document has and I can do it for you.

  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

    I had to do that too for my English Research Paper, well basically you have to put the word count as a (footer) at the bottom of every page, make it so its at the right and you just look at the word count on World and you write it out. That's what i did

    so its like

    word count - 356

  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

    I don't think there's actually a way to paste that image into your document....but what I always do is just write "Word Count: #" at the bottom or top of your paper. Easy enough.

  • 4 years ago

    Which version are you making use of, in ninety seven, 2000 you look decrease than techniques and press be conscious count extensive sort. this provide you an entire for the entire rfile, in case you spotlight a community this is going to allow you realize the extensive sort for that section. For 2003 onwards there's a seperate pull down icon which you would be able to placed onto the reveal screen, then you rather basically click to get an replace. uncertain concerning to the latest 2010

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

    If you are using windows 7 (or Vista I think) there is a program called snippit. It takes a screenshot of what ever you want. Almost like cropping a picture it enables you to pick what part of the screen you want. From there you go into your paper and and click where you want it then press paste or ctrl-v

    Source(s): Snippit user for College paperwork
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.