I Believe in God, but also Evolution. Will I go to Hell?

I truly believe in God. But I also believe in evolution. That is just who I am. I am more of a "science" person, and that is just what I believe. I want to not believe in evolution, but I just can't get myself to. I go everyday feeling guilty that I believe in evoultion. I feel absolutely awful. I go everyday thinking I'm probably going to Hell just because of the way I think.

So to the people who know a lot about religion, will I go to Hell just for believing in evolution?

Thank you.

If you examine your beliefs carefully, I think you'll find that you don't believe in evolution the same way you believe in God.

When we say we believe in God, we are saying more than that we believe God exists. (Satan, if you believe he exists, clearly must believe God exists, but just as clearly doesn't believe in him.) We are saying that God can be trusted; we can put our faith in God.

There's no putting faith in evolution; it's just an established scientific fact we recognize. There's nothing to believe in; there's just acceptance that it describes how species of life came to be. Sure, it also predicts that eventually, species including ours will change, but belief in any particular results from that would be unscientific.

The people who claim that evolution contradicts belief in God base that notion on the assumption that the scriptural story of creation was meant to be taken literally. (I think they got that notion from atheists trying to use "science" to disprove religion in the first place.) But anyone with a decent understanding of literature can see through that idea: the people who wrote down the Bible creation myth would almost certainly have been appalled at having it taken literally, and so would the storytellers who invented it, probably many generations before. What would upset them most is that by treating it as though it were a science text, you'd be missing the point of the story.

The two sides of the argument disagree on how creatures with the capacity for abstract thought (i.e., us) came to be, but they certainly both give reasons that we ought to use that capacity to think. That's what you're doing. Keep it up. And if someone tells you you'll go to Hell for thinking, recognize that they're the ones who've chosen to deny a God-given ability.

• Protem

Your intellect is advanced enough, it seems to allow you to develop your own cosmology. Science and religion need not conflict at all. Science points to evolution as the process by which all creatures have changed throughout the millennium. Believing THAT does not sentence anyone to Hell. (I mean really, would there be devils there tormenting you with fossils?!?)

The basic premise of most religious principle is love. Thought or action based on loving kindness are all they require. Your scientific beliefs are not a problem. If Hell exists, it is for those whose actions are based on hatred, fear, and greed.

Relax.

you have the free will to do as you wish and to explore and discover what you need to in order to understand your universe correctly.but believing in evolution is a no win road for any christian to go down,so my advice to you is to stop and return to the intersection and wait till the red light turns green through prayers to me and then go straight down the narrow road to the greener pastures of the truth that you are looking for,study the gasses and liquids and dark matter,then the atom and then go into cytology,for it all begins their.for as it is written is matter.

Hears a blessing and a our father prayed just for you.

Practice the holy rosary for world peace and for your own inner and spiritual renewal.

Practice the heaven sent devotions in the Pieta Prayer book and greater will be your rewards in heaven.

We love you all.

Source(s): Jesus Christ

Evolution is merely considered one of numerous theories invented to describe the phenomena of created issues. it relatively is admitted by potential of all scientists that no a sort of theories covers all of the floor ; and the main suitable declare made for Evolution, or Darwinism, is that "it covers extra floor than any of the others." The be conscious of God claims to cover all of the floor : and the only way wherein this declare is met, is by potential of a denial of the muse of the Scriptures, with a view to weaken it. that's the particular artwork undertaken by potential of so-referred to as "bigger criticism", which bases its conclusions on human assumptions and reasoning, fairly of on the documentary evidence of manuscripts, as Textual criticism does.

• God gives us the desires of our heart. For some of us, scientific studies such as evolution are a desire of our heart.

God has already given you the gift of eternal life through His Son. He will never take it back so it is impossible for you to go to Hell.

• DAR76

The Catholic Church leans toward Evolution, so I wouldn't worry about it. Concerning biological evolution, the Church does not have an official position on whether various life forms developed over the course of time. However, it says that, if they did develop, then they did so under the impetus and guidance of God, and their ultimate creation must be ascribed to him.

Concerning human evolution, the Church has a more definite teaching. It allows for the possibility that man’s body developed from previous biological forms, under God’s guidance, but it insists on the special creation of his soul. Pope Pius XII declared that "the teaching authority of the Church does not forbid that, in conformity with the present state of human sciences and sacred theology, research and discussions . . . take place with regard to the doctrine of evolution, in as far as it inquires into the origin of the human body as coming from pre-existent and living matter—[but] the Catholic faith obliges us to hold that souls are immediately created by God" (Pius XII, Humani Generis 36). So whether the human body was specially created or developed, we are required to hold as a matter of Catholic faith that the human soul is specially created; it did not evolve, and it is not inherited from our parents, as our bodies are.

Source(s): Roman Catholic, B.A. Anthropology

Evolution is a fact, not a belief. It refers to change, and it has nothing at all to do with religion. If there really were a Hell, you still wouldn't be in trouble.

• Judy B

Unless you belong to a fundementalist christian cult, there is no sin in accepting evolution. If you current church holds that accepting evolution is a sin, I suggest you change churches. There a plenty of churches that accept evolution.

If you believe in Evolution you are calling God a liar. Shame on you.

What does God say about the subject? He is the authority, is he not? Perhaps you should ask him.