Why is it that Christians need no further proof of God's existence - but Atheist continue to search for proof?

of his non-existence.

Faith vs. Lack thereof.

Update:

In Church - we discuss testimonies, morals and ethics. We never discuss the concept of God's existence or non-existence. Because we know he exist. That's what we call Faith.

Update 2:

LOL - Lies, Lies, Lies - every time you read an Article about why God isn't real - You are searching for proof.

Update 3:

Christians aren't the one putting up Billboards that says - there is no God. We are discussing his Word. We seek Wisdom(Knowledge) and understanding.

Update 4:

Did I ever say - Faith = Knowledge? LOL - Stop trying to twist my words out of context. Obviously you don't understand the meaning of Faith.

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best answer

. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘". . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ":,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:". . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . ."~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . "~,_. . . .."~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . ."=,_. . . ."-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~"; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . ."=-._. . .";,,./`. . /" . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . .."~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-"

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\ c

"Faith" is another term for "Biological Mental Illness".

Why are Christians always denouncing the existence of all of the other 30,000+ gods, goddesses, and other forms of major and minor deities, demigods, and hundreds of thousands of various other paranormal creatures dreamed up by man in the last 150,000 years... All in an attempt to justify their own delusions.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° ø¤º°`°º¤ø °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° ø¤º°`°º¤ø

✖ List of Gods:

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/gods.htm

✖ God Finder

http://www.godfinder.org/

✖ List of deities

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deities

✖God Checker

http://www.godchecker.com/

Atheists understand that it doesn't matter what cult you belong to...

► Definition of CULT

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cult

cult noun, often attributive \ˈkəlt\

1: formal religious veneration : worship

2: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents

3: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents

4: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>

5a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad

5b : the object of such devotion

5c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

The burden of proof falls to those proclaiming somethings existence. Period.

1. You can't prove that something doesn't exist, that's illogical.

2. Therefore, the burden of proof/evidence is on the believers in god.

3. There is no proof/evidence of god.

You can decide for yourself which one of these you believe:

a) There is no evidence of god existing , but we cannot prove that he doesn't exist so we must place him on the "we don't know list", Since we cannot prove that fairies and dragons aren't real either, we must also place them on the "We don't know list". Anything that I make up off the top of my head must also be placed on this list simply because you cannot prove that it doesn't exist. Therefore there is no such thing as non-existence.

b) Fairies, dragons, unicorns, UFOs, Santa, etc. are regarded as non-existent because there is no indisputable evidence of their existence. God should be labeled non-existent for the very same reason.

You decide which is more logical.

• 9 years ago

I just want to say that I'm not an atheist, but I see no folly with it. Some people naturally can live on faith, others have a thirst for knowledge. Some people just cannot accept something because they are told to. They must find suitable evidence to suggest it exists. And that does not mean the same thing for everyone.

• 9 years ago

Who in their right mind looks for proof of non existence?

'Faith' is only proof of 'faith'... not existence nor knowledge... you seem to have the problem with the understanding of 'faith'...

Edit: No, Christians are putting up the billboards, TV commercials, radio spots, TV networks and handouts, etc. saying there is a God...

IMHO

• 3 years ago

there is not any evidence. In my journey christians then use a around argument by technique of asserting: a million. The Bible says god exists; 2. God says the Bible is authentic. This, they seem to think of is a logical argument, and that they can't furnish from now on than this.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

We are not trying to prove the non-existence of god. We are seeking knowledge elsewhere to learn more about the world we live in and it's not our problem if the knowledge we come across doesn't support the existence of a deity.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't know any atheists that are searching for "proof," one way or the other, about claimed gods.

People make claims that gods exist. Rational people don't blindly accept claims on "faith" (which is worthless), they decide the validity of claims by evidence. Since there is no evidence showing any claims about any "god" are valid, we dismiss those claims as worthless. That's simply being rational.

Take a look around the world at the different, contradictory, often proven-false things people have "faith" in. It should take you about 30 seconds to see that "faith" is worthless.

Peace.

• Kerry
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

As a Christian, I have received proof of God's existence. I do not need to continue that search as what I was seeking has been found.

Source(s): Lifelong Mormon
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

faith = knowledge? Sorry but no, you can have a very strong faith in something and still be fundamentally wrong about it. Good thing you base your entire conception of the universe in blind faith.

And atheistS don't search for proof, they just aren't convinced by your arguments. They are a little skeptic.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The only area where proof is possible is in mathematics. The reason atheists may search is because they have suppressed the overwhelming evidence concerning God's existence. Atheists need to ask selves, Why would i suppress truth?

• 9 years ago

Christians believe something despite the lack of evidence (except contradictory). They often ignore contradictory evidence because their "faith" comforts them.

Comfort does not equal truth.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.