HELP ME PLEASE! MAJOR COMPUTER PROBLEM IN NEED OF FAST FIX!?

MY WINDOWS XP COMPUTER KEEPS AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTING BEFORE I CAN GET INTO MY LOGIN SCREEN! IT SAYA THE FOLOWING: A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER.

UNMOUNTABKE_BOOT_VOLUME IF THIS IF THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS STOP ERROR SCREEN REASTART YOUR COMPUTER. IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN, FOLLOW THESE STEPS.

CHECK TO MAKE SURE ANY NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED. IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALLATION, ASK YOUR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MANUFACTURER FOR ANY WINDOWS UPDATES YOU MIGHT NEED.

IF PROBLEMS CONTINUE, DISABLE OR REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CACHING OR SHADOWING. IF YOU NEED SAFE MODE TO REMOVE OR DISABLE COMPONENTS, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER PRESS F8 TO SELECT ADVANCED STATRUP OPTIONS AND THEN SELECT SAFE MODE!

I TRIED SELECTING SAFE MODE AND EVERTHING BUT IT WON'T LET ME DO ANYTHING AND I CAN'T LOGIN TO INSTALL OR UNINSTALL ANYTHING. IT STARTS UP, GOES THRU NORMAL PROCESS AND THEN TAKES YOU TO SAFE MODE UPTIONS OR LAST GOOD KNOWN CONFIGURATION OR START WINDOWS NORMALLY BUT THEN AS SOON AS YOU PRESS ANYTHING AND IT GOES TO WINDOWS LOGO WITH THE SYMBOL AND THE BLUE BAR THAT LOADS IT - IT STOPS AND SHUTS DOWN AND RESTARTS AUTOMATICALLY.

I AM COMPLETELY FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT COMPUTERS AND MY MOM IS @ WORK SO I AM TRYING TO GET IT FIXED BEFORE SHE COMES HOME BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FIX IT OR TO TAKE IT TO A SPECIAL COMPUTER PLACE.

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY OR ALL SUGGESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE AND HURRY!

OK the more I research the more I continue getting that I should put in the windows xp installation cd but again I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT LOOKS LIKE!

the only cds I found near the computer is one that says verizon wireless broadband router and another that says HP vs 15/vs17/vs19f1 705/f905 LCD monitors - which I am pretty sure isn't it. can someone please tell me what the cd would like and if it is something you would keep with paperwork on the warranty of your computer?

• Trish

You need your XP install disc to boot from to do a Windows repair, or it may be that you have a restore partition which you can use to restore your factory settings.

What make and model is it?

About how old is it?

REPLY TO ADDED DETAIL.

It looks like you don`t have the cd.

It would have XP installation on it or Name of computer plus xp install.

It`s possible that you didn`t get a disc and that you have a restore partition instead.

What make and model and how old is computer?

Insert your Windows XP install CD. Boot. It will tell you that it found an Windows XP installation, and will ask you if you want to repair it. Answer yes. Wait. Done.

Glen Ritche - he is already panicked. Don't put more salt into the wound. It's not necessarily a hard drive problem.

And one more thing - calm down. Any software problem is easily solvable.

Your hard drive could be corrupt or damaged. Allow a hardware expert to look at it and see what the problem is.

It could be your hard drive or the ribbon that goes from the hard drive to the mother board; likely the physical drive though.

If worse comes to worst and the drive is corrupt, this doesn't necessarily mean all your data is gone. You would have to get another hard drive, but a hardware guy can temporarily attach the corrupt drive to your CD-ROM ribbons. Doing this allows you to access the drive through Windows Explore. You can view the hard drive contents and copy over whatever you need - not physical programs - like documents, pictures, video, etc.

Good luck!

You can try selecting "Last known Good Configuration Option" as it worked for me many times. I too faced d same problem earlier and i didnt had to format or repair my XP.

hmm, since you can't get in try putting in the install of windows disc and when it loads to install there will be an options or advance tab. click that and try a restore. possibly a virus.