Is Bruce Lee not the best martial artist?

Is it a BIG misunderstanding of the west thinking that Bruce Lee (lee xiaolong) is the best martial artist ever. A real Chinese said that Skills like Bruce lee was common in China. Even I found out Bruce himself said that there were many masters in China that are far more skiled than he is. Some of these legendary... show more Is it a BIG misunderstanding of the west thinking that Bruce Lee (lee xiaolong) is the best martial artist ever. A real Chinese said that Skills like Bruce lee was common in China. Even I found out Bruce himself said that there were many masters in China that are far more skiled than he is. Some of these legendary martial artist which are little known to the west but popular hisorical martial artist are Huo Yuanjia, Wong feihong, Zhang Sanfeng, and many others to.
Update: Just wanted to know that if anyone have heard of the name Huo Yuanjia, Wonf Feihong, or Zang Sanfeng before I mentioned it.
Update 2: Wong not wonf