Do you think that taking away normal playground play/activities has affected the social devepment between gend?

When I was a kid, boys chased girls, and girls chased boys... Boys would pull your ponytail, and lift your dress, saying "It's dress up day!", or on those rare occasions where they caught you, they'd give you a kiss... When I went home and said something to Dad, he'd just say "Dark... show more When I was a kid, boys chased girls, and girls chased boys... Boys would pull your ponytail, and lift your dress, saying "It's dress up day!", or on those rare occasions where they caught you, they'd give you a kiss...

When I went home and said something to Dad, he'd just say "Dark Eyes? That's the only way they know how to show they like you."

It didn't make my scalp feel better, but it made my feelings feel better...

You do that stuff now, and you get suspended from school, but I think of it more along the lines of "You crawl before you walk" kinda thing, and since one aspect of childhood has been removed, it's essentially skipping a step in growing up, and socializing.

Thoughts?
Update: @Missy A... Ok girl, out back now! I got some ponytail pullin' I need to take care of!
Update 2: @WYETT M... I don't think it's so much the school system, but that the school system got their hand forced... Today, if a young girl goes home and tells her daddy that the boys in school were pulling her hair, and lifting her dress, Daddy would call the school in a rage about what happened to his daughter at... show more @WYETT M... I don't think it's so much the school system, but that the school system got their hand forced... Today, if a young girl goes home and tells her daddy that the boys in school were pulling her hair, and lifting her dress, Daddy would call the school in a rage about what happened to his daughter at school!

It's the same thing with that teacher in PA that was suspended for blogging about her students being lazy whiners... You can't even tell the truth about kids, and you can't let kids just be kids, so now...? They don't know how to be kids.

I don't think it's feminists, I think it's the whole gotta be "politically correct" issue...